How to have a transparent picture on top of other controls
Author Message
 How to have a transparent picture on top of other controls

I want to move a transparant picture over my screen. It is a mouse arrow
with some text.
If i put it in an image control then the background is transparent But
if i move
that image around the screen it moves underneath the controls (eg
Button)

If i'm using a picture box than the it moves above the controls but then
it's not
transparent. I now created a silly squared icon but that's not what i
want

(i'm using VB5)

Any suggestions

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Rene V

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to have a transparent picture on top of other controls

You first have to bring the image control to the top. Just instert
'Image1.ZOrder' in your procedure which makes it move, and I will always be
on top. You can also try to use Bring to Front at design time (in the
right-click menu), but I'm not sure if it is sufficient.

Eggbird

Ren Verhoeven heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>I want to move a transparant picture over my screen. It is a mouse arrow
>with some text.
>If i put it in an image control then the background is transparent But
>if i move
>that image around the screen it moves underneath the controls (eg
>Button)

>If i'm using a picture box than the it moves above the controls but then
>it's not
>transparent. I now created a silly squared icon but that's not what i
>want

>(i'm using VB5)

>Any suggestions

>aTdHvAaNnKcSe

>Rene V

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to have a transparent picture on top of other controls

I managed to get this to work

1 Create a new user control, set the following properties
2 BackStyle=Transparent
3 In the Picture property: put your bitmap (I presume)
4 In the MaskPicture property, put the same bitmap
5 Set the MaskColor property to the same as the background color of your
bitmap (the color you want to become transparent)
6 Now close the designer window
7 Add the new usercontrol from the toolbox, set Bring To Front from Format
menu
8 Voila!

Quote:

>I want to move a transparant picture over my screen. It is a mouse arrow
>with some text.
>If i put it in an image control then the background is transparent But
>if i move
>that image around the screen it moves underneath the controls (eg
>Button)

>If i'm using a picture box than the it moves above the controls but then
>it's not
>transparent. I now created a silly squared icon but that's not what i
>want

>(i'm using VB5)

>Any suggestions

>aTdHvAaNnKcSe

>Rene V

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to have transparent text label on top of picture box

2. Making Form appear on top of others.

3. Keep Window on top of ALL OTHERS in OS.

4. putting controls on top of picture boxes

5. Make Image Control on Top of Picture Box at RUNTIME

6. ActiveX control needed (actually a transparent picture box)

7. Transparent Picture Control Available

8. how to make control transparent to show picture beneath

9. ActiveX control needed (actually a transparent picture box)

10. ActiveX control needed (actually a transparent picture box)

11. how to make control transparent to show picture beneath