DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases
Author Message
 DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases

in the Opendatabase method, how do you supply a password to open a password
protected Access 97 database?

I have tried using "pwd=test;" in the connection string but I get a 'cannot
find installable ISAM' error. Do I have to supply an Access 97 ISAM
description in the string.

Help!

rf

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases

Quote:

> in the Opendatabase method, how do you supply a password to open a password
> protected Access 97 database?

> I have tried using "pwd=test;" in the connection string but I get a 'cannot
> find installable ISAM' error. Do I have to supply an Access 97 ISAM
> description in the string.

> Help!

> rf

Your open database statement should be:

    Set p_oDatabase = p_oWorkspace.OpenDatabase(Name:=p_sDatabase, _
                                                   ReadOnly:=False, _
                                                   Connect:="MS
Access;PWD=" & p_sPassword & ";")

I use public variables for Database name and password, but you get the
point.

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases

        Hi -

        Try something like this:

    Dim sPwd As String
    sPwd = ";pwd=" & "pencil"

    Set mydb = myws.OpenDatabase(DatabaseName, False, False, sPwd)

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:36:13 -0700, "Robert Frostad"

Quote:

>in the Opendatabase method, how do you supply a password to open a password
>protected Access 97 database?

>I have tried using "pwd=test;" in the connection string but I get a 'cannot
>find installable ISAM' error. Do I have to supply an Access 97 ISAM
>description in the string.

>Help!

>rf

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

2. dao 3.5 and access 97 errors

3. MS Access 97/DAO 3.5 transaction support

4. VB4 and DAO 3.5 (Access 97)

5. Access 97 files without DAO 3.5

6. Access 97 files without DAO 3.5

7. Password protected database (Access 97)

8. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

9. Password Protected Access 97 Database

10. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

11. How to link a password protected Excel 97 Spreadsheet to Access 97

12. Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database