Visual BASIC and a compression package
Author Message
 Visual BASIC and a compression package

Hi, I am looking for a compression VBX or DLL that can do the following
1.  password or encrypt the compress file
2.  Can do multiple files into one compress file
3. Good time
4. Good compression

1. and 2. are very important, 3. and 4. are not.

Please tell me a package that can accomplished this.  We do not want to go
to DOS to do any compression.  We would like to be within Visual Basic or the
VB program.  Please help...

Thanks,
Pan
PS. We try Pkware Data compression Library (PKWDCL.DLL).  It can not do 1. or 2.
Otherwise the .DLL is good.  Not that good in compression or time though.

PSS.  Note that the project involved this is ending soon, so please response
ASAP.

Again, Thanks
Pan

Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:12:53 GMT
 Visual BASIC and a compression package

Quote:
> We try Pkware Data compression Library (PKWDCL.DLL).  It can not do 1. or 2.
> Otherwise the .DLL is good.  Not that good in compression or time though.

> PSS.  Note that the project involved this is ending soon, so please response
> ASAP.

Actually, you have all the tools U need!!!
What U need to do is to write an encryption function like below and
then compress the data.

function crypto (aString as String) as String

dim i as Integer

  crypto = aString 'just to initialize it

  for i = 1 to len(aString)
    Mid(crypto, i, 1) = Chr$(Xor(Asc(Mid(aString, i, 1))), 17)
  next i

edn function

==================

I think this will solve your problem.

I am interested in your Pkware Data compression Library (PKWDCL.DLL).
Can U pls download it to me?!

Mon, 01 Sep 1997 12:28:22 GMT

1. ACM Conversion/Compression in Visual Basic

2. Scheduling DTS package thru Visual Basic

3. Package and Deployment Wizard with WebClass (Visual Basic 6)

4. Need accounting package in Visual Basic with source code

5. Different Visual Basic Packages

6. WANTED: your DISTINCT TCPIP VISUAL BASIC package

7. Visual Basic 6 DLL Packaging & Deployment

8. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

9. Difference between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.Net

10. Visual basic 4 to Visual basic 6