VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format
Author Message
 VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format

Hi,

I have VB6 Pro Edition on a Win98 computer and Office2000.

I'm trying to connect to an Access2000 database with ADO, however each time I
get an unrecognized database format error message. I believe that I may have
to upgrade to the next version of the Jet Engine???  The current version
appears to be 3.51 with this edition of VB6, this is Access 97.

If I need to upgrade, can I get the correct file from the Microsoft web site,
what would be the name of the file?

Thanks for your help.

Ian

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 06:56:28 GMT
 VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format
Hi Ian

http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm#Jet4SP3info

regards

Ian

** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/
Tips & Tricks page http://tips.kingsoft-denmark.com/

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have VB6 Pro Edition on a Win98 computer and Office2000.

> I'm trying to connect to an Access2000 database with ADO, however each
time I
> get an unrecognized database format error message. I believe that I may
have
> to upgrade to the next version of the Jet Engine???  The current version
> appears to be 3.51 with this edition of VB6, this is Access 97.

> If I need to upgrade, can I get the correct file from the Microsoft web
site,
> what would be the name of the file?

> Thanks for your help.

> Ian

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 07:15:42 GMT
 VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format
I've advised before, and people have responded that it worked, that if
you'll download or order the CD's and bring your VB6 up to date with the
latest Service Release / Service Pack, it will solve this problem. If
there's compelling reason for you to NOT apply the most recent service, then
you can visit http://service.microsoft.com and search the Knowledge Base for
Q238401 which explains the References that must be changed.

I'd suggest you also download the current updates to the Jet database
engine, which you likely don't have, either. I think that's what Ian's
reference will get you.

There are enough _other_ fixes in the Service Release / Pack, though, that
you should apply it.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have VB6 Pro Edition on a Win98 computer and Office2000.

> I'm trying to connect to an Access2000 database with ADO, however each
time I
> get an unrecognized database format error message. I believe that I may
have
> to upgrade to the next version of the Jet Engine???  The current version
> appears to be 3.51 with this edition of VB6, this is Access 97.

> If I need to upgrade, can I get the correct file from the Microsoft web
site,
> what would be the name of the file?

> Thanks for your help.

> Ian

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:45:10 GMT
 VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format
Change your connection string to :

 P r o v i d e r = M i c r o s o f t . J e t . O L E D B . 4 . 0 ;

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have VB6 Pro Edition on a Win98 computer and Office2000.

> I'm trying to connect to an Access2000 database with ADO, however each
time I
> get an unrecognized database format error message. I believe that I may
have
> to upgrade to the next version of the Jet Engine???  The current version
> appears to be 3.51 with this edition of VB6, this is Access 97.

> If I need to upgrade, can I get the correct file from the Microsoft web
site,
> what would be the name of the file?

> Thanks for your help.

> Ian

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:23:00 GMT
 VB6 to Access2000 Unrecognized Database Format
I had the same problem about 8 months ago.
You will need to download the latest service pack for VB from msdn.
Eric C

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:48:30 GMT

1. VB6 - Access 2000 - "Unrecognized Database Format"

2. Unrecognized Format with VB/Access2000

3. Access2000 Unrecognized mdb in VB6

4. Backend database crashing with Unrecognized Database Format

5. Error opening database Unrecognized database format

6. Unrecognized Format - VB6/Access 2000

7. Visual Basic: Unrecognized Database Format Error

8. Unrecognized database format - A FIX FOR 3.51!

9. Unrecognized database format

10. Unrecognized database format?

11. compile error: unrecognized database format

12. FYI: Unrecognized database format