Porting C to VB5.0 and C DLL Interfacing
Author Message
 Porting C to VB5.0 and C DLL Interfacing

Quote:

> You can pass the address of the structure variable to
> a C DLL by just putting the variable in the argument list.
> The address of the structure is passed.  To be sure for
> yourself, echo back the contents of the structure within
> the C DLL or make the C DLL return the input structure
> in its second parameter.

One interesting thing you might encounter working with
structures in VB and VC++ DLL's is that VB seems
to zero-fill variables when defining them.
My setup for VC++ doesn't.

So when I was doing quicky byte-for-byte comparisons to
check out algorithms running in parallel in VB and C
during porting, I got some differences reported
sometimes, depending on exactly what I was doing.
(Whether the structure was begun in VB or C)

- Matt

Tue, 07 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Another CS-Realizer question

2. good VB website(s) for high school CS teacher??

3. CS-RCS with VB6

4. ANNOUNCE: CS-RCS Version 1.2

5. Announce: CS-RCS Version 1.1

6. Help: Comctl32, Comdlg32, Dblist32 problems porting VB4 to VB5 (VB5 GPF in Mfc40.dll)

7. Porting CRPE.DLL To CRPE32.DLL

8. Is VBPJ's HR program available on CS?

9. ANN: CS-RCS version 2.5 Released! (including DevStudio integartion)

10. GWBASIC - INPUT/ OPEN "COM1:600,N,8,2,RS,CS,DS,CD" as #1

11. Any way to prevent CR from auto-generating .cs file in VS.NET?

12. Question about interfacing DLLs with VB5/VBA5