error 50003 when building on two different computers
Author Message
 error 50003 when building on two different computers

Quote:

> Hi.

> When I build(make exe) my VB application on two different computers I get
> an "50003 Unexpected error" on one of the executables. Note that I run the
> executables on the same computer with the same dll and ocx files. Still one
> works but not the other.

> I tried the OleDep utility from:
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> When I compare the two executable outputs the difference is that one doesn't
> get to the "statusbar" creation but instead the stated error occures!

> Please help if you can, it's very important, I have a deadline in a couple of
> days!

I had this problem too!!! Noone really seemed to be able to help me, but this is
how I got my proggie up and running with some gum and stickytape!

Replace the Comdlg32.ocx on the system that doesn't work with the one from the
one that does!!

Apparently that file has been updated or something and the dependacies have been
changed or something!! I don't know :(  But it worked for me!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. error 50003 when building on different computers

2. Trying to bind data from two different tables to two different controls

3. Two different versions of the .NET framework on same computer

4. Problem with OCX locations on two different computers

5. Open Two Database with Two System.Mda and Two different User Names and Password

6. Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)

7. Error experts needed - Error 50003

8. Error 50003 Unexpected error ??????????

9. VB5 Error 50003 - Unknown Error

10. Run-time error '50003' Unexpected Error

11. Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error

12. Winsock Error: 50003 Unexpected Error