How do I run a VB6 prog on a web site
Author Message
 How do I run a VB6 prog on a web site

How can I get  simple vb program to work from an Intranet web site? do I
need to convert it to inter dev? if so how? is there another way? The vb
prog reads and writes to an excel file located on the server. Escael exists
on all user PC's.

Many Thanks
Neil

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:01:28 GMT
 How do I run a VB6 prog on a web site
I'm afraid a VB6 program can't be run from a web site.  You'll have to
convert the program to ASP pages.  This will probably be quite difficult.  I
do both, and VB and VBScript aren't the same animal,  They're just cousins.

--
Cordially;
E. DALE FRANKS JR. MCP MOUS

Dissent is morally neutral. You can correctly call yourself a dissident
because you like to kick puppies, but at the end of the day, you're just a
jerk who likes to kick puppies.
--Jonah Goldberg

Quote:
> How can I get  simple vb program to work from an Intranet web site? do I
> need to convert it to inter dev? if so how? is there another way? The vb
> prog reads and writes to an excel file located on the server. Escael
exists
> on all user PC's.

> Many Thanks
> Neil

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:15:11 GMT
 How do I run a VB6 prog on a web site

Quote:

> How can I get  simple vb program to work from an Intranet web site? do I
> need to convert it to inter dev? if so how? is there another way? The vb
> prog reads and writes to an excel file located on the server. Escael exists
> on all user PC's.

What do you mean by "work from"?  Will it actually need to run on the
server, perhaps from the "cgi-bin"?  If so, perhaps these might help:

CGI4VB (from 1997)  URL:http://pweb.netcom.com/~obrienk/

Console apps in VB  URL:http://powervb.com/consoleapp.htm

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Sacrament R2-45 <http://www.xenu.net/>

Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:42:30 GMT

1. VB6 prog runs on home but not Office PC

2. Run-time error web site

3. Running OL2000 client from web site

4. Running Crystal Report on Web Site

5. VB6 Data Reports web sites?

6. Official VB6.0 web site is open at Microsoft

7. I have found an isp to host vb6 web sites

8. I annot find an ISP to host my VB6 web site

9. VB6 Data Reports web sites?

10. How to use vb6 to auto fill the blank on the web-site

11. An ISP to host VB6 web sites

12. VB6 Data Reports web sites?