Package & Deployment Wizard Questions (VB6)
Author Message
 Package & Deployment Wizard Questions (VB6)

1. I keep getting, all of a sudden, now, a message saying my ComCtl32.ocx is
out of date..I even tried installing Service Pack 2 again.....no luck -
still the same thing....how can I correct this?
2. From what I understand now, I can totally delete the Support Dir. What
good is the Support Directory if I don't need it for the final 'Package'?

--
David

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Package & Deployment Wizard Questions (VB6)

Quote:
>1. I keep getting, all of a sudden, now, a message saying my ComCtl32.ocx is
>out of date..I even tried installing Service Pack 2 again.....no luck -
>still the same thing....how can I correct this?
>2. From what I understand now, I can totally delete the Support Dir. What
>good is the Support Directory if I don't need it for the final 'Package'?

>--
>David

I'm not sure how you can correct the first problem, but I do know what the
support directory is.

The Support directory contains all the files needed to create the installation
in an uncompressed format along with a batch file.  If any of the files
required for your app change, you can copy the new files into the support
directory and run the batch program (usually named appname.bat) to create a new
setup.  That way if you change your program, you don't have to go through the
Package and Deployment Wizard again to update your install.

Hope this helps,

Katie
--------------------------
Logic:  An organized way of going wrong with confidence, just ask
any one who's tried to prove anything in mathematics.

Sat, 27 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question about VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

2. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard Question

3. VB6 and Package & Deployment Wizard

4. VB6:Using Package & Deployment Wizard

5. VB6, Package & Deployment Wizard Help

6. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

7. Errors from VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

8. Package&Deployment Wizard VB6

9. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

10. question about the Package & Deployment Wizard

11. about the Package and Deployment Wizard (VB6)

12. VB6 (SP5): Package and Deployment Wizard Dependency File