Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color
Author Message
 Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

Microsoft has released a couple of utilities, BITEDIT and PALEDIT that might
help you.  Unfortunately, I do not have these utilities.  You might ask around.

Quote:
> Hi,

>         Does anyone know how I can edit Bitmap color Palette indexes or
> the windows System color Palette.  I need to be able to pull this off
> while in 16 bit windows, under 256 colors.  I also need to be able to
> edit the color indexes almost instantaneously.
>         Or preferably be able to fade or mix bitmaps colors together.
> For example if I were to give a flash light effect to a dark room.  Or
> the other way around as in shading a lighted room. I also need to work
> with more then just black.  I hope to be able to apparently combine a
> good number of colors together.  I used to be able to do this with 24
> bit color.  I would use BitBlt to PAINT bitmaps onto other bitmaps
> without masks, this would give sort of a ghostly effect or a lighted
> effect.  I found that not to many people use more then 256 colors
> though.  I also found that you can give this effect with 32 bit DLLs,
> but I can't use PC speaker sounds with 32 bit DLLs.
>         So, I hope some one can expand my knowledge on how bitmap colors
> work in relation to each other, while in 16 bit windows, 256 colors.
> Right now I just using VB 4.0 pro.

> I would appreciate a decent quick example or two.

> thanks in advance

>     Sean ...

Fri, 28 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

2. 256 Color Bitmap Palettes in VB4?

3. 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

4. How do I rotate the Palette when I have a 256 color Bitmap

5. HELP - detecting if windows in 256 or 16-bit color modes

6. Using 256 color Palettes in High/True Color

7. choose a color in a 256 color palette ?

8. Change Screen Color Palette from 256 to hi-color in VB

9. Coloring a control from a 256-Color palette

10. Coloring a control from a 256-Color palette

11. color palette not accessible in 256+ color settings

12. 256-color palette in VB4 MDI Forms