About Tables Relationship
Author Message
 About Tables Relationship

Hello,

  I have an Access MDB database with "one to many" relational tables.
If I change some record date in 1 table(ie. PAYEE CODE), will other
related tables update (PAYEE CODE) automatically!? Or I do have to
code the update process. Do you have an code sample? Thanks for you
time!

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Tables Relationship

That depends on the type of relationships you are using. Relationships are
particulary usefull when deleting or updating data. Say you have two tables:
one with employees and one with hour-declarations of all your employees. You
can now declare a relationship between them. Say, both table's have an ID
field (standard design for me), and the hour-declarations table has a field
called EmployeeID, wich will contain the ID of the Employees table. You
define a One-To-Many relationship between the ID field of the Employees
table, and the EmployeeID field of the HourDeclarations table. If you now
delete an employee from the table, depending on the properties you have set
for the relationship, all corresponding hour-declarations fields will be
deleted too!

Andre'

Quote:

>Hello,

>  I have an Access MDB database with "one to many" relational tables.
>If I change some record date in 1 table(ie. PAYEE CODE), will other
>related tables update (PAYEE CODE) automatically!? Or I do have to
>code the update process. Do you have an code sample? Thanks for you
>time!

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Tables Relationship

RTFM! Try to find help under "Referential Integrity" and "Cascade Updates"!

Stanislav Stresnjak

Quote:

>Hello,

>  I have an Access MDB database with "one to many" relational tables.
>If I change some record date in 1 table(ie. PAYEE CODE), will other
>related tables update (PAYEE CODE) automatically!? Or I do have to
>code the update process. Do you have an code sample? Thanks for you
>time!

Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How Can I Change Table Relationships Programmatically

2. Moving table relationships from database to database

3. Table relationship

4. Copying table relationships to another 2.0 mdb

5. DAO & table relationships

6. Chnage Access DB Table Relationships From VB6

7. Access Tables Relationship using Dynaset

8. Table Relationships Question - Access 97

9. About tables relationship!

10. Defining table relationships in VB

11. Table relationship

12. VisData-table relationships