font transparent on printer object doesn't work
Author Message
 font transparent on printer object doesn't work

Hi all,

I print (printer.print "Hi") on printer object. If I print a new line at
nearly the same place on win98, the second text erases the first one.
If I run the same code under Win2k, it's running fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards.

Christian Hugoud

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 23:44:55 GMT
 font transparent on printer object doesn't work

Quote:
> I print (printer.print "Hi") on printer object. If I print a new line at
> nearly the same place on win98, the second text erases the first one.
> If I run the same code under Win2k, it's running fine.

It's a little "bugette". There are lots of them in the Printer Object, and
virtually all of them can be overcome in the same way. Simply set the
property to something that you do NOT want, use the Printer.Print method and
then set the same property to something that you DO want. The Printer.Print
method in between the two setting is important. The "fix" will not work
without it. For example, The following code will definitely fix your
FontTransparent problem:

Printer.ScaleMode = vbInches
Printer.FontTransparent = False
Printer.Print
Printer.FontTransparent = True
Printer.FontName = "Times New Roman"
Printer.FontSize = 16
Printer.CurrentX = 0: Printer.CurrentY = 0
Printer.Print "Michael"
Printer.CurrentX = 0: Printer.CurrentY = 0.1
Printer.Print "Williams"
Printer.EndDoc

Mike

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:18:39 GMT
 font transparent on printer object doesn't work
Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for this help.

Best regards.

Christian Hugoud

Quote:

> > I print (printer.print "Hi") on printer object. If I print a new line at
> > nearly the same place on win98, the second text erases the first one.
> > If I run the same code under Win2k, it's running fine.

> It's a little "bugette". There are lots of them in the Printer Object, and
> virtually all of them can be overcome in the same way. Simply set the
> property to something that you do NOT want, use the Printer.Print method
and
> then set the same property to something that you DO want. The
Printer.Print
> method in between the two setting is important. The "fix" will not work
> without it. For example, The following code will definitely fix your
> FontTransparent problem:

> Printer.ScaleMode = vbInches
> Printer.FontTransparent = False
> Printer.Print
> Printer.FontTransparent = True
> Printer.FontName = "Times New Roman"
> Printer.FontSize = 16
> Printer.CurrentX = 0: Printer.CurrentY = 0
> Printer.Print "Michael"
> Printer.CurrentX = 0: Printer.CurrentY = 0.1
> Printer.Print "Williams"
> Printer.EndDoc

> Mike

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:57:41 GMT

1. Transparent BitBlt doesn't always work

2. Transparent font on PictureBox, and not transparent on the printer

3. Why Printer.Orientation Doesn't work ?

4. changing printer doesn't work

5. printer.drawwidth doesn't work for me...

6. Set Printer doesn't work

7. Why Printer.Orientation doesn't work ?

8. Printer.FontTransparent doesn't work?

9. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

10. Default printer fonts for Win '95/98 not working

11. REQ: Font isn't transparant on Printer object in VB 5.0

12. Why printer object won't stay reset to correct font/size