Change size, font, and font size of input boxes
Author Message
 Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

Hi everybody,

InputBox() is a fine thing. But, does anybody know how to change the font
size and the size of the text field of an InputBox(). My clients use a
screen resolution of 1600 x 1200, which make the InputBox appearing very
small on the screen.

I considered using an own form dedicated to be a configurable input box.
But how would one make it blocking while it waits for the user response?

Many thanks in advance for any hint.

Best regards
Franz GEIGER

--
*** Please answer by e-mail AND to the NG ***

Mon, 06 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

Quote:

>I considered using an own form dedicated to be a configurable input box.
>But how would one make it blocking while it waits for the user response?

        frmInput.show 1

Note that you can't set properties from that form before showing it. If
it's unloaded at the end, you cant read them back either.

One way to do this is to use global variables for the communication, but
I wouldn't be too surprised if VB5 included a way around this
limitation.

HTH,
Bart.

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

Quote:

> >I considered using an own form dedicated to be a configurable input box.
> >But how would one make it blocking while it waits for the user response?

>         frmInput.show 1

> Note that you can't set properties from that form before showing it. If
> it's unloaded at the end, you cant read them back either.

> One way to do this is to use global variables for the communication, but
> I wouldn't be too surprised if VB5 included a way around this
> limitation.

> HTH,
> Bart.

Actually, I don't think what Bart indicates here is true.  You CAN set
properties of a form BEFORE showing it:

Load myform
myform.propertywhatever = avalue
myform.show 1

To "communicate" information to this "input" box, in VB5, you can create
your own properties and methods for a form:

Load myform
myform.myownproperty = myownvalue
Call myform.preparethisform myarg1, myarg2
myform.show 1

Then to get those properties back prior to unloading the form:

myform.visible=False  ' make in invisible - to the user, seems like the
window closed
myvariable = myform.myownproperty

' then when you're done

unload myform

In this way a calling program can carry out a conversation by passing
values after the load but before the SHOW.  Creating your own properties
and methods is easy, consult on-line help.

The only thing I know of that can create a problem, is that you cannot
call .setfocus for any controls on the form prior to showing the form.

Regards,

Paul

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

Quote:

>Actually, I don't think what Bart indicates here is true.  You CAN set
>properties of a form BEFORE showing it:

Have you tested it? In VB3, you'll get an error message like "Can't show
form modally / already loaded". It be nice to here of something that's
actuially improved in later versions... ;-)

        Bart.

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes

2. Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

3. Changing font/font sizes in msgboxes

4. Changing font size in MSDN list box for topics

5. how to change font size in message box??

6. Macro to change text, also changes font size.

7. Get width of text in pixels (taking into account font, font size and style)

8. How to get font sizes for a font

9. FONTS: Need Raster font sizes.

10. REQ: Obtaining Font Sizes for specific Font

11. Printer.Font.Name and Printer.Font.Size problems with HP LaserJets

12. MsgBox Font / Font Size