using the api function "UpdateWindow".
Author Message
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

G'day all,
Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
TIA
build

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 12:52:16 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".
Hi build

'This goes into a module:
Declare Function UpdateWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

'This goes into your form module:
UpdateWindow yourform.hwnd

Regards
Frost

Quote:
> G'day all,
> Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
> TIA
> build

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:01:38 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".
Got any resources where I may learn more please????
TIA
build

Quote:
> Hi build

> 'This goes into a module:
> Declare Function UpdateWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

> 'This goes into your form module:
> UpdateWindow yourform.hwnd

> Regards
> Frost

> > G'day all,
> > Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
> > TIA
> > build

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:29:15 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".
G'day Frost & others,
Didn't do the job. :-(((

My previous post, ....... any other ideas ????
I'm using the activeskin.ocx which displays a form as a graphic. (bulky)
I'm having trouble with the background repainting.
frmMain.Refresh doesn't work. I've looked at the AutoRedraw property etc
with no luck but I have discovered using frmMain.Hide then frmMain.Show does
the trick but of coarse this introduces an unacceptable flicker on the
screen.
Is there another way to force a full repaint of the screen???
TIA
build

Quote:
> Hi build

> 'This goes into a module:
> Declare Function UpdateWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

> 'This goes into your form module:
> UpdateWindow yourform.hwnd

> Regards
> Frost

> > G'day all,
> > Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
> > TIA
> > build

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:04:33 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

You may want to make a favorites entry for what Jerry recently
mentioned.  www.allapi.com

Quote:
>G'day all,
>Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
>TIA
>build

Regards, Frank.

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:20:44 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".
Download the API Guide from www.allapi.net
Quote:

>G'day all,
>Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
>TIA
>build

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:08:23 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".
Well, this may not be of any use, but here goes. The other day I was working
with API CreateSolidBrush() to do some color scaling on my form. My normal
way of calling a form is
    Load Form1
    Form1.Show
    I then tried hBrush = CreateSolidBrush(Form1.hdc, lNewColor)
    I could not get this to work - period. Not from a calling module, or the
Form_Initialize or the Form_Load.
    Then I tried puting a command button on the form that called the API -
all worked well, but obviously I don't want the final issue to depend on a
command button. Plus, when I resized it, the colors didn't go along with the
new size (bigger).  Autodraw, clipcontrols, nothing helped.
    Long story short - I finally put the AIP call in the form1.paint_event.
Voila. It seems to be holding up. Don't know what the performance or
resource problems may be.
Hope this helps. Let me know.
Larry Leeds

Quote:
> G'day Frost & others,
> Didn't do the job. :-(((

> My previous post, ....... any other ideas ????
> I'm using the activeskin.ocx which displays a form as a graphic. (bulky)
> I'm having trouble with the background repainting.
> frmMain.Refresh doesn't work. I've looked at the AutoRedraw property etc
> with no luck but I have discovered using frmMain.Hide then frmMain.Show
does
> the trick but of coarse this introduces an unacceptable flicker on the
> screen.
> Is there another way to force a full repaint of the screen???
> TIA
> build

> > Hi build

> > 'This goes into a module:
> > Declare Function UpdateWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long

> > 'This goes into your form module:
> > UpdateWindow yourform.hwnd

> > Regards
> > Frost

> > > G'day all,
> > > Where do I start looking for info on calling this api function.
> > > TIA
> > > build

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 02:47:05 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 using the api function "UpdateWindow".
G'day Larry,
So your suggesting I Call a Form1.Refresh & put the Form1.UpdateWindow call
in the Form1_Paint() ???
hmmm, I'll try anything at this point.
Thx,
build

Quote:
> Well, this may not be of any use, but here goes. The other day I was
working
> with API CreateSolidBrush() to do some color scaling on my form. My normal
> way of calling a form is
>     Load Form1
>     Form1.Show
>     I then tried hBrush = CreateSolidBrush(Form1.hdc, lNewColor)
>     I could not get this to work - period. Not from a calling module, or
the
> Form_Initialize or the Form_Load.
>     Then I tried puting a command button on the form that called the API -
> all worked well, but obviously I don't want the final issue to depend on a
> command button. Plus, when I resized it, the colors didn't go along with
the
> new size (bigger).  Autodraw, clipcontrols, nothing helped.
>     Long story short - I finally put the AIP call in the
form1.paint_event.
> Voila. It seems to be holding up. Don't know what the performance or
> resource problems may be.
> Hope this helps. Let me know.
> Larry Leeds

> > G'day Frost & others,
> > Didn't do the job. :-(((

> > My previous post, ....... any other ideas ????
> > I'm using the activeskin.ocx which displays a form as a graphic. (bulky)
> > I'm having trouble with the background repainting.
> > frmMain.Refresh doesn't work. I've looked at the AutoRedraw property etc
> > with no luck but I have discovered using frmMain.Hide then frmMain.Show
> does
> > the trick but of coarse this introduces an unacceptable flicker on the
> > screen.
> > Is there another way to force a full repaint of the screen???
> > TIA
> > build

> > > Hi build

> > > 'This goes into a module:
> > > Declare Function UpdateWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As
Long

> > > 'This goes into your form module:
> > > UpdateWindow yourform.hwnd

> > > Regards
> > > Frost

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 06:21:51 GMT

1. API "Hook" functions

2. "GetPrinter" API function

3. Mystery involving "SetWindowText" API Function

4. Datatype mismatch using "UCase" function

5. Using "age" function in Word form

6. Using Dos's "truename" function

7. I have problem using function "Shell"

8. Using "GetFileInformationByHandle" API in VB

9. Using the "RegSetKeySecurity" API

10. Function that returns "current function"

11. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

12. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA