Q: Release or delete desktop handle
Author Message
 Q: Release or delete desktop handle

In my code, I create a desktop Device context thusly:
dsktp&=CreateDCBynum("DISPLAY", vbNullString, vbNullString, 0)

My question: do I need to Release the DC, or do I delete it?
I have been using:
 di=DeleteObject(dsktp)
 and it "seems" to work ok, but I would like to know for sure//
Thanks in advance!~
--
_______________
PT

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Release or delete desktop handle

Quote:

>In my code, I create a desktop Device context thusly:
>dsktp&=CreateDCBynum("DISPLAY", vbNullString, vbNullString, 0)

>My question: do I need to Release the DC, or do I delete it?
>I have been using:
> di=DeleteObject(dsktp)
> and it "seems" to work ok, but I would like to know for sure//
>Thanks in advance!~

You should be calling the DeleteDC API.

-Jim-
NCR Corp.

Sat, 21 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. handling event from control qs

2. Display VBScript Result on Desktop like Build Number of W2k in earlier Releases

3. Row handles must be released

4. Error.....Row handles must be released before new ones can be created

5. -2147217883 'Row handles must be released

6. Row Handles Must be released

7. Row Handles Must be Released?

8. ActiveX EXE's in IIS (wont release handle)

9. Releasing Dir() Search Handle

10. Handle to Desktop

11. Q: Getting the desktop window's handle (GetDesktopWindow ain't cutting it)

12. Help: Windows 95 Desktop Handle