Screen resolution auto adjusting?
Author Message
 Screen resolution auto adjusting?

Hello,

I' ve got a normal exe form "form1" which is full of picture's and objects
under a resolution of 1024 x 768.
I've a start the program under a lower resolution say 800 x 600, not
everything in the form is displayed. Some object's disapear partly out side
the form.
I'de like to see the form and everything in it automacticly scaled....
Any idea's??

Mark Donners

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen resolution auto adjusting?

on Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:42:43 +0100 bearing the following
fruit:

Quote:
>Hello,

>I' ve got a normal exe form "form1" which is full of picture's and objects
>under a resolution of 1024 x 768.
>I've a start the program under a lower resolution say 800 x 600, not
>everything in the form is displayed. Some object's disapear partly out side
>the form.
>I'de like to see the form and everything in it automacticly scaled....
>Any idea's??

Design your forms in 600x480 then you'll never have any
problem.  The only other thing you can do is add code to
resize/move the controls on your form when the form size
changes.

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen resolution auto adjusting?

Quote:

> on Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:42:43 +0100 bearing the following
> fruit:

> >Hello,

> >I' ve got a normal exe form "form1" which is full of picture's and objects
> >under a resolution of 1024 x 768.
> >I've a start the program under a lower resolution say 800 x 600, not
> >everything in the form is displayed. Some object's disapear partly out side
> >the form.
> >I'de like to see the form and everything in it automacticly scaled....
> >Any idea's??

> Design your forms in 600x480 then you'll never have any
> problem.  The only other thing you can do is add code to
> resize/move the controls on your form when the form size
> changes.

Can you show some examples of how this is done?

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen resolution auto adjusting?

Quote:

>> on Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:42:43 +0100 bearing the following
>> fruit:

>> >Hello,

>> >I' ve got a normal exe form "form1" which is full of picture's and objects
>> >under a resolution of 1024 x 768.
>> >I've a start the program under a lower resolution say 800 x 600, not
>> >everything in the form is displayed. Some object's disapear partly out side
>> >the form.
>> >I'de like to see the form and everything in it automacticly scaled....
>> >Any idea's??

>> Design your forms in 600x480 then you'll never have any
>> problem.  The only other thing you can do is add code to
>> resize/move the controls on your form when the form size
>> changes.

>Can you show some examples of how this is done?

Can the original poster state what machine he's got as Microsoft in the
UK are looking into a Picturebox problem on autosizing the screen.

Richard.

For a visit to Hill House from the original horror film "The Haunting" look up
         Ettington Park Hotel near Stratford Upon Avon.
"No one comes any nearer than town!...In the dark!.....In the night!"

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen resolution auto adjusting?

were released on Fri, 05 Nov 1999 12:17:09 -0500 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:

>> on Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:42:43 +0100 bearing the following
>> fruit:

>> >Hello,

>> >I' ve got a normal exe form "form1" which is full of picture's and objects
>> >under a resolution of 1024 x 768.
>> >I've a start the program under a lower resolution say 800 x 600, not
>> >everything in the form is displayed. Some object's disapear partly out side
>> >the form.
>> >I'de like to see the form and everything in it automacticly scaled....
>> >Any idea's??

>> Design your forms in 600x480 then you'll never have any
>> problem.  The only other thing you can do is add code to
>> resize/move the controls on your form when the form size
>> changes.

>Can you show some examples of how this is done?

If the form resize event

You will need to set a minimum size for the form, the
easiest way to do this is:

If If width < 8000 Then width = 8000
If Height < 4260 Then Height = 4260

Resize controls:

ListView1.width = ScaleWidth - 1365
ListView1.Height = ScaleHeight - 1050

Or just move them in relation to the new form size:

Command1(1).Left = ScaleWidth - 1230
Command1(1).Top = ScaleHeight - 600

NB: the above examples are made up.

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adjust to screen resolution

2. problem adjusting screen resolution

3. Adjusting VB for different screen resolutions

4. Adjust forms to users' screen resolution

5. VB 3.0 help: adjusting control size to screen resolution

6. Adjusting forms / controls for different screen resolutions.

7. Adjusting for Screen Resolutions

8. How to adjust control sizes and dimensions to suit different screen resolutions

9. Adjusting controls to different screen-resolutions

10. Adjusting controls to different screen-resolutions

11. VSVBX how do you set it for Auto Screen Resolution

12. Auto resize FORM and all controls depending on screen resolution