Common select folder dialog?
Author Message
 Common select folder dialog?

Hi all!

I'm working on some program and I need a folder selection dialog. Now I know
about the common dialogs for save, open, print, etc., but I've never been
able to find where everyone get that nice select folder dialog that lots of
program use (you know... the one with only an explorer style list of all
folders). Does anyone know where they've hidden it? I've considered using a
normal open dialog instead, but that won't work very well on empty folders
and that just isn't the right way to do it... So if anyone could help me I'd
really appreciate it...

Greetz,
Gerego

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:43:03 GMT
 Common select folder dialog?
On Sat, 11 May 2002 08:43:03 GMT, "Gerego Jansen"

Quote:

>able to find where everyone get that nice select folder dialog that lots of
>program use (you know... the one with only an explorer style list of all
>folders). Does anyone know where they've hidden it? I've considered using a
>normal open dialog instead, but that won't work very well on empty folders

Look up the ShBrowseForFolder API at www.allapi.net.

Regards, Frank

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:39:38 GMT
 Common select folder dialog?

Thanks!

Quote:
> On Sat, 11 May 2002 08:43:03 GMT, "Gerego Jansen"

> >able to find where everyone get that nice select folder dialog that lots
of
> >program use (you know... the one with only an explorer style list of all
> >folders). Does anyone know where they've hidden it? I've considered using
> >normal open dialog instead, but that won't work very well on empty
folders

> Look up the ShBrowseForFolder API at www.allapi.net.

> Regards, Frank

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:19:19 GMT

1. Using Common Dialog control, possible to select folders and their associated files

2. Common dialog for folder select

3. Common Dialog OCX to select folder?

4. select a folder using Common Dialog

5. Common Dialog - Select a folder?

6. Folder Open Dialog - How to pre-select folder

7. common dialog to browse for folders

8. Folder Selection for Common Dialog?

9. Common Dialog (get folder only)?

10. Q: Folder-only Common Dialog?

11. Making EXE Display a Different folder In a Common Dialog

12. Common dialog default folder