Calling VB5 DLL with another VB5 DLL results in crashes
Author Message
 Calling VB5 DLL with another VB5 DLL results in crashes

If I have two DLLs that I've compiled to native code using VB5, and one
calls the other, AND the one being called tries to run a For Each...Next
loop with a collection at some point, it crashes with "Automation
Error."  If I substitute a For i = 1 to Collection.Count...Next loop in
place of the For Each loop, then the DLL being called works fine.  This
crashing has occurred on two Dell machines(Pentium chips), and has not
occurred under the same circumstances on two Gateway machines(Also
Pentium chips)(not to give Dell a bad name or anything...).  Anyone have
any idea what's going on to cause this behavior?  Many thanks in
advance.

Dave

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 2 PRBS: Calling 16 bit DLL from VB5 and Bad DLL Calling Convention

2. VB5 Crashes DIBENG.DLL always the culprit

3. VB5 runtime DLL crashes msdev.exe

4. Problem with DLL called from VB5.0

5. Problem with DLL called from VB5.0

6. vb5 calling a C++-compiled DLL

7. Can VB5 call 16bit DLLs?

8. calling a MF COBOL .dll (ver 3.2.50) from VB5

9. Try to call a DLL from VB5

10. Making a DLL and call it in a other program in VB5

11. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)

12. calling DLL from VB5