OLE - "Server not responding"
Author Message
 OLE - "Server not responding"

Setup:
I have developed a client server application under windows 95 using VB 4
16-bit.
The two programs communicate via OLE and both reside on the same pc.
The main user interface (client) is always polling the server for
hardware information.

Problem:
Every once and awhile I will get a message box telling me that my
"Server application is not responding" with "Retry" and "Cancel"
buttons.  Hitting "Retry" will retry the operation and everything will
be fine.  I CAN NOT HAVE THIS HAPPEN. The application needs control at
all times.

Any suggestions.

I would assume that this is some power saving feature of windows 95 that
I am not aware of.  In this case my user interface might be waking up
before my server.   ???

Thanks
Jay

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE - "Server not responding"

Have you tried actively trapping the error with On Error Goto?  I can't
remember if this is a trappable error or not but it's worth a try.

Dan

says...

Quote:

--
Daniel Talso
UNM Manufacturing Engineering Program

* Please remove VIKINGSPAM from my email address before replying

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OLE - "Server not responding"

Quote:

> Have you tried actively trapping the error with On Error Goto?  I can't
> remember if this is a trappable error or not but it's worth a try.

> Dan

The message I am receiving is not a trappable error.  The app just locks
up until windows recovers.

Thanks
Jay
titan
Racine,WI

Mon, 26 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Office Assistant not responding to "search"click

2. VB4 Programs "not responding"

3. Script "Not Responds" when run

4. VB4 Programs "not responding"

5. TESTing "do not respond"

6. VB4 Programs "not responding"

7. Customizing the OLE "Server Busy" message

10. "Server not available"

11. "Object server not correctly registered" error

12. VB4 "Object Server Not Correctly Registered"