Drag and drop to the system tray.
Author Message
 Drag and drop to the system tray.

Hi,
    I was wondering how you would be able to drag a link from Netscape
or Explorer onto a icon in the system tray and have it be able to read
the link?

Thanks in advance.

Mon, 22 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Drag and drop to the system tray.

:-> Hi,
:->     I was wondering how you would be able to drag a link from Netscape
:-> or Explorer onto a icon in the system tray and have it be able to read
:-> the link?
:->
:-> Thanks in advance.
:->
Simple; you can't. The only way you can do it, is placing the form at the
TaskBar in stead of the SystemTray. Reason: The SystemTrayIcon only responds on
the Mouse_Click-event since this is where you Callback is set to. I don't know
if it is possible to redirect the Mouse_Click-event to the Mouse_Move-event,
and trace it from there.

Spinner

**  Remove the REMOVE to reply  **
**  - And for you who find it   **
**  to difficult: don't do it!  **

Tue, 23 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Drag and drop to the system tray.

Yes, there's a way to do systray events from the Form_Move events.

' *********** below goes in systray form under mouse_move
Select Case X
   Case 7680 'MouseMove

   Case 7695 'LeftMouseDown

    Case 7710 'LeftMouseUp

    Case 7725 'LeftDblClick

    Case 7740 'RightMouseDown
        PopupMenu mnuPopup, 0, , , mnuClose ' <--- Sample popup

    Case 7755 'RightMouseUp

    Case 7770 'RightDblClick
End Select

Quote:

> :-> Hi,
> :->     I was wondering how you would be able to drag a link from
Netscape
> :-> or Explorer onto a icon in the system tray and have it be able to
read
> :-> the link?
> :->
> :-> Thanks in advance.
> :->
> Simple; you can't. The only way you can do it, is placing the form at the
> TaskBar in stead of the SystemTray. Reason: The SystemTrayIcon only
responds on
> the Mouse_Click-event since this is where you Callback is set to. I don't
know
> if it is possible to redirect the Mouse_Click-event to the
Mouse_Move-event,
> and trace it from there.

> Spinner

> **  Remove the REMOVE to reply  **
> **  - And for you who find it   **
> **  to difficult: don't do it!  **

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. drag and drop onto the system tray

2. Drag and Drop to System Tray

3. Drag and drop to system tray Icon

4. Drag and drop to an icon in hte system tray

5. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

6. Drag/Drop from system to VB App...

7. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

8. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

9. TreeView Drag n Drop don't allow dropping a parent into a child

10. Detect Drop in Drag and Drop

11. OLE DRAG & DROP on icon in the System-Tray

12. Drop Down List Question (And Tray Question)