Get hard drive serial numbers
Author Message
 Get hard drive serial numbers

I'm trying to write a security module that reads the serial number of the
users hard drive for verification and authenticity reasons.

There doesn't seem to be a function or API call that'll let me do this.

Anyone know how this is done?

     aka Gary Campbell    "I will feed the cat"
          aka Greenie          Lt. Worf

Sun, 30 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Get hard drive serial numbers

hi gary I' have the solution but only for Vb16. I Send this VBX contol.

Saludos

begin 600 Vbio.vbx
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
9`%1R86YS;&%T:6]N``D$Y 0````````````D
`
end

Mon, 31 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Get hard drive serial numbers

Quote:
>hi gary I' have the solution but only for Vb16. I Send this VBX contol.

I located some source code on a web page last week that included the
*.bas, *.frm, *.mak and *.vbx controls.   It's a neat little project
that provides the drive serial number, bytes free, file size, file
attributes, 3D look and so forth.

 I've never tried posting a zip file to a newsgroup before, so
hopefully this will work.  :-)

Bill

Thu, 03 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Get hard drive serial numbers

begin 644 vbio.zip
<uuencoded_portion_removed>

`
end

Thu, 03 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Hard Drive Serial number

2. Hard Drive Serial Number/Total Drive Size

3. hard drive serial number

4. Reading the Hard Drives Serial Number

5. Hard Drive Serial Number

6. Hard Drive Volume Serial Number

7. Reading the hard drive's serial number

8. Hard drive serial number

9. How can I get the serial (or other) number of my hard drive through VB

10. How can I get the serial (or other) number of my hard drive through VB

11. API call for hard drive serial number

12. Hard Drive Serial Numbers