Compile in Win95=>can't run in Win 3.1
Author Message
 Compile in Win95=>can't run in Win 3.1

Here's the problem:

      Wrote a program in WIn 95 using VB 3.0. Compiled aswell in 95.
However I can't seem to run the program in windows 3.1.  The first error
came when using the OLE control. After having removed it and modified the
program, the error message now reads:
                  "Threed.vbx is outdated"

What can I do? update a vbx in win sys.? wouldn't that be futile?

Please e-mail me any help.
--
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN

Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Compile in Win95=>can't run in Win 3.1

Quote:
>      Wrote a program in WIn 95 using VB 3.0. Compiled aswell in 95.
>However I can't seem to run the program in windows 3.1.  The first error
>came when using the OLE control. After having removed it and modified the
>program, the error message now reads:
>                  "Threed.vbx is outdated"

Maybe the controls that were packed on the Win95 machine weren't the right
versions? You should go to your VB CD / disks and get the correct versioned
VBXs.

--
VB Info: http://www.sn.no/~balchen/vb/visual.htm
FAQ: http://www.sn.no/~balchen/vb/faq.htm

Mon, 04 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Compile in Win95=>can't run in Win 3.1

Hi Fred,

You have to recompile the same source code in WIn3.1 if it has no third
party OCX.

It's quite stupid but that's it.

Good Luck
Adrian

Quote:
> Here's the problem:

>       Wrote a program in WIn 95 using VB 3.0. Compiled aswell in 95.
> However I can't seem to run the program in windows 3.1.  The first error
> came when using the OLE control. After having removed it and modified the
> program, the error message now reads:
>                   "Threed.vbx is outdated"

> What can I do? update a vbx in win sys.? wouldn't that be futile?

> Please e-mail me any help.
> --
> Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN

Tue, 05 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4(Win95) => win 3.1

2. VB4/16 on Win95 -> Win 3.1

3. Creating 16 bit vb4.0 app under '95 will not run under win 3.1

4. vb4 executable won't run in 3.1???

5. vb4-32 >>win 3.1

6. Compiled in Win ME won't run in Win98

7. Printing in Win95/98 Win 3.1 style

8. Win 3.1 vs Win95

9. ** playing WAVs on win 3.1 and win95 w/ same app

10. VB3 written on Win95 machine won't run on Win 3.1 machines !

11. Best way to develop Win 3.1/Win95 web applications (computer based training)

12. Determing Comm Ports - Win 3.1, WinNT, Win95