Hide app from "End Task" list
Author Message
 Hide app from "End Task" list

Is it possible to write a VB5 app which is invisible to the list in the
Windows when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL ?

I can write an app without a window, but not invisible to the task list.

Any ideas ?
--

Disclaimer:Any opinions expressed here are my own and are
independant of Glasgow City Council

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from "End Task" list
This question is getting popular.

Look here

http://www.vb-world.net/tips/tip135.html

regards

Ian

** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/

Quote:
> Is it possible to write a VB5 app which is invisible to the list in the
> Windows when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL ?

> I can write an app without a window, but not invisible to the task list.

> Any ideas ?
> --

> Disclaimer:Any opinions expressed here are my own and are
> independant of Glasgow City Council

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from "End Task" list
A better solution that does not use the API (explicitly, anyway)  is to use
the TaskVisible property of the App object.

Jason Bouzane

Quote:
> This question is getting popular.

> Look here

> http://www.vb-world.net/tips/tip135.html

> regards

> Ian

> ** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

> homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/

> > Is it possible to write a VB5 app which is invisible to the list in the
> > Windows when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL ?

> > I can write an app without a window, but not invisible to the task list.

> > Any ideas ?
> > --

> > Disclaimer:Any opinions expressed here are my own and are
> > independant of Glasgow City Council

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from "End Task" list
Quote from MSDN

"The TaskVisible property can only be set to False in applications that do
not display an interface, such as ActiveX components that do not contain or
display Form objects. While the application displays an interface, the
TaskVisible property is automatically set to True."

regards

Ian

** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/

Quote:
> A better solution that does not use the API (explicitly, anyway)  is to
use
> the TaskVisible property of the App object.

> Jason Bouzane

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from "End Task" list
That is badly worded. Look under the topic "TaskVisible" instead of
"TaskVisible property" on the Index tab. It has the following quote:

"The TaskVisible property can be set only to False in applications that do
not display an interface, such as ActiveX components that do not contain or
display Form objects. While the application displays an interface, the
TaskVisible property is automatically set to True."

It says it can be set only to False in such applications, meaning that it
cannot be set to True in applications with no interface. It does work for
standard EXEs.

Jason Bouzane

Quote:
> Quote from MSDN

> "The TaskVisible property can only be set to False in applications that do
> not display an interface, such as ActiveX components that do not contain
or
> display Form objects. While the application displays an interface, the
> TaskVisible property is automatically set to True."

> regards

> Ian

> ** invalid email address, change dk to denmark

> homepage http://www.kingsoft-denmark.com/

> > A better solution that does not use the API (explicitly, anyway)  is to
> use
> > the TaskVisible property of the App object.

> > Jason Bouzane

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from "End Task" list
Very good, J!

It's like reciting the old ditty: 30 days have September, April, June...,
then asking "How many months have 30 days?"  Answer?  11!

--A

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Hide app from "End Task" list
Go to http://www.vbcode.com/default.htm . There is some code there you can
download to do this.

Quote:
> Is it possible to write a VB5 app which is invisible to the list in the
> Windows when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL ?

> I can write an app without a window, but not invisible to the task list.

> Any ideas ?
> --

> Disclaimer:Any opinions expressed here are my own and are
> independant of Glasgow City Council

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programmatic "End Task"?

2. How do I hide app icon but still show app in task list

3. Ending an application without "End Sub"?

4. anyway to "Hide a TASK from windows task list"

5. anyway to "Hide a TASK from windows task list"

6. App in task list after END

7. Launching Multiple threads from VB app / hide process in task list

8. Cheallenge :- Hide app from NT task list...

9. Hiding VB5 app from NT task list.

10. hiding VB5 app from task list

11. Hiding app from Task List

12. Hiding VB5 app from NT task list.