vbcr , str$ , option Explicit
Author Message
 vbcr , str$ , option Explicit

hi all;

i as 11th standard student....from pune(india)....i got a problem in
understanding some words cause i don`t have MSDN help....

what is vbcr & str$ & Option Explicit.....

plese tell me....

bye

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 17:50:00 GMT
 vbcr , str$ , option Explicit

Quote:
> hi all;

> i as 11th standard student....from pune(india)....i got a problem in
> understanding some words cause i don`t have MSDN help....

> what is vbcr & str$ & Option Explicit.....

> plese tell me....

> bye

vbcr is a constant variable equivilent to ASCII code 10 (chr(10) in VB) - it
will cause a carrige return to occur in and ASCII text editior, a text box,
or on an ASCII printer for instance.

str$ is a intrinsic function to conver a number to a string
eg number_as_text = str$(number)

Option Explicit means that you must declare all the variables you use in
your program.

Regards
Steve.

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:20:58 GMT
 vbcr , str$ , option Explicit

Quote:

> i as 11th standard student....from pune(india)....i got a problem in
> understanding some words cause i don`t have MSDN help....

> what is vbcr & str$ & Option Explicit.....

vbCr is a carriage return (the character you 'type' when you press Enter).
For example, if you include vbCr in the text of a message box, you get a
line break.
MsgBox "This is" & vbCr & "on two lines."

Str$ converts a number into a text string containing that number, so
Str$(500) = "500"

Option Explicit is a statement you can place in the general declarations of
a VB module. It means that you have to declare all variables with a Dim
statement, instead of just using them without warning.

Eq.

--

Equinox Tetrachloride
Not sociophobic, just avoiding you.

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:22:49 GMT
 vbcr , str$ , option Explicit

Quote:
> hi all;

Hello Rajan,

Quote:
> i as 11th standard student....from pune(india)....i got a problem in
> understanding some words cause i don`t have MSDN help....

> what is vbcr & str$ & Option Explicit.....

vbCR is a pre-defined constant, equivalent to chr$(13)

str$( ) is a function that will convert a Number to it's
String-representation

Option Explicit is, as the name tell's you an Option, and should be placed
at the top of all of you modules (if you want to use it that is ..).  It
will force you to define every variable you use.  This means that before you
can access a variable, you will have to create it.

With Option Explicit

  MyVar$="Hello !"

will generate an error (MyVar$ is used, but not known),

  dim MyVar$

  MyVar$="Hello !"

will not generate an error.

Why Option Exlicit ?  It will help you to make sure all of your variables
have the right type, and not, because some definition was forgotten, the
automatic (but potentially dangerous) Variant-type.

By the way :  most of the above is mentioned in the Help-file. Don't you
have it ?

Regards,
  Rudy Wieser

Quote:
> plese tell me....

> bye

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:27:23 GMT
 vbcr , str$ , option Explicit

released on 27 Feb 2002 01:50:00 -0800 bearing the following
fruit:

Quote:
>hi all;

>i as 11th standard student....from pune(india)....i got a problem in
>understanding some words cause i don`t have MSDN help....

>what is vbcr & str$ & Option Explicit.....

>plese tell me....

All the infomation can be founf on the MSDN web site

http://msdn.microsoft.com/default.asp

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:16:44 GMT

1. option explicit or no option explicit?

2. Option Explicit/Option Strict Settings?

3. Question about Option Strict/Option Explicit

4. Option Explicit and Security

5. Option Explicit faster code execution?

6. how to automagically add Option Explicit On

7. Option Explicit

8. Option Explicit / Strict ON by default

9. Option Explicit/Strict

10. Where Do I place the option Explicit??

11. Where Do I Put Option Explicit?

12. Option Explicit Behavior Change