Dragging Desktop Icon onto Form
Author Message
 Dragging Desktop Icon onto Form

VB 4 / 32 with Win 95 and NT 4.0...

Is it possible in VB 4 to have it react when a file is dragged off my
desktop and onto my VB form? How?

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dragging Desktop Icon onto Form

Quote:
> VB 4 / 32 with Win 95 and NT 4.0...

> Is it possible in VB 4 to have it react when a file is dragged off my
> desktop and onto my VB form? How?

If you have Daniel Appleman's "Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the
Windows API" he has a routine in there that does this.  I think it is in
the header to the section with the DragAcceptFiles API call but I am
working from memory and that isn't always reliable...  if not, the routine
will be posted in the Q&A column of teh February issue of VB-Online at
http://www.vbonline.com/vb-mag/

--
Please reply through the newsgroup.  To reply by
e-mail send to bbutler at domain address imps0014.us.dg.com.

Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drag/drop onto the desktop

2. DRAG an ATTACHMENT from an outlook incoming email message, ONTO a vb6 form directly

3. Drag FILENAME from explorer and DROP onto VB form

4. Drag Files onto Form

5. VB4.0-32 OCX CreateObject vs drag onto form

6. unable to drag controls onto form

7. unable to drag controls onto the form?

8. drag OUTLOOK Attachment file ONTO a vb6 form directly

9. Can not drag fields from Data Environment onto Form

10. Drag an Rectangle onto a Form with hDc and API

11. Drag items onto windows form my app???

12. Dragging icon from Windows 95 or NT 4.0 desktop to a VB5 application