RichTextBox: Multi-Line With Horizontal Scroll Bar?
Author Message
 RichTextBox: Multi-Line With Horizontal Scroll Bar?

This is probably a dumb question, but isn't there a way to have a
Multiline RichTextBox _without_ word wrap and _with_ a Horizontal
Scroll Bar?

The only way I've been able to get a Horizontal Scroll Bar is to set
the Multiline property to False, but that's not what I want.  If I set
the Multiline property to true, however, I get word wrap whether I
want it or not, and I do NOT get a Horizontal Scroll Bar, even if I
indicate that I want it displayed.

I may be missing something elementary (or there may be something wrong
with the way my Visual Basic is working), but right now I can't see
how to accomplish this simple task.  (I'm using the Professional
edition of Visual Basic 5.)  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Barry Traver

New Web Site:  Visual Basic Books, "Bakes," and "Bugs"
  at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 RichTextBox: Multi-Line With Horizontal Scroll Bar?
Set the RightMargin property to some large value, like 10000.  If you have
horizontal scroll bar selected the scroll bar will appear when the text starts
scrolling off the right side.  If you want the scroll bar to be visible all
the time (disabled until it's needed), also set DisableNoScroll to True.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

Quote:
>This is probably a dumb question, but isn't there a way to have a
>Multiline RichTextBox _without_ word wrap and _with_ a Horizontal
>Scroll Bar?

>The only way I've been able to get a Horizontal Scroll Bar is to set
>the Multiline property to False, but that's not what I want.  If I set
>the Multiline property to true, however, I get word wrap whether I
>want it or not, and I do NOT get a Horizontal Scroll Bar, even if I
>indicate that I want it displayed.

>I may be missing something elementary (or there may be something wrong
>with the way my Visual Basic is working), but right now I can't see
>how to accomplish this simple task.  (I'm using the Professional
>edition of Visual Basic 5.)  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

>Barry Traver

>New Web Site:  Visual Basic Books, "Bakes," and "Bugs"
>  at http://traver.org/vb

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Richtextbox - Horizontal Scroll Bar

2. RichTextBox Horizontal Scroll bars doesn't appear

3. RichTextBox Horizontal Scroll Bar

4. Multi-Line Text Box and Scroll Bars

5. Multi-Line Text Box w/ Scroll Bar Question

6. How would I do this? (RichTextBox horizontal scroll)

7. Horizontal Scroll a RichTextBox?

8. RichTextBox horizontal scroll problem

9. RichTextBox: Disable Word Wrap, use Horizontal Scrolling instead?

10. RichTextBox - Horizontal scrolling won't work?

11. RichTextBox: Disable Word Wrap, use Horizontal Scrolling instead?

12. Scroll line by line in RichTextBox