Set security on a folder programmatically / Administrator Rights in COM object
Author Message
 Set security on a folder programmatically / Administrator Rights in COM object

I'm trying to create folders with a automated VB batch program and set
NTFS security, so that some folders are read only to our end users.
I'd like to do this in a COM object if I can that is called from an
ASP page.

I've read the article by Microsoft, "How To Set Security on a NTFS
Folder Programmatically," but the assumption in the article and code
is that the administrator is logged in and the program is being run
interactively.  Is there a way to log in as the administrator from a
server COM object and have all rights associated with that user?

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 08:34:57 GMT
 Set security on a folder programmatically / Administrator Rights in COM object
iforsyth,

You could host your COM component in MTS, and have it run under a privileged
account.  Caveat Emptor, I guess.  And read Mather Bortnicker (?) MTS book
from Wrox Press.  Or the 1st edition of Ted Pattison's from MS Press.

--A

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 11:37:30 GMT

1. How to set programmatically security properties?

2. Programmatically Set IE5 Security Options

3. Setting DCOM Security/Permissions programmatically

4. Programmatically setting folder archive settings?

5. Programmatically setting folder archive settings?

6. Programmatically set user-defined folders for offline use

7. Problems with setting folder security permissions using WMI!!!

8. setting security on folders with vbscript

9. Set Security on a NTFS Folder

10. Setting folder security

11. How to set a security for a folder

12. Programmatically Opening ODBC Administrator