Multiple Data Controls, One Database, Two Forms...
Author Message
 Multiple Data Controls, One Database, Two Forms...

Problem:

   I have one database.  On one form, I can browse through
the database using the buttons on the Data Control.  But this
form only shows part of the data.  If the user wants to view ALL
the data they click on a button which brings up another form with
enough labelsto show all the data.  This new form has a Data
Control of it's own,as I can't seem to have the labels read from
the Data control on the first form.
   Anyway, the record pointer always resets to record one.
  I want the pointer to remain at the same place in the recordset
where it was on the first form.  Can I do this?

Thanks.  Bob Doyle

BTW, we are an Atlanta company who is looking for Visual Basic
Wizards to aid us from time to time as a consultant.  Any
interested should contact me at (404) 491-1131

Fri, 12 Sep 1997 23:05:49 GMT
 Multiple Data Controls, One Database, Two Forms...

Quote:

>Subject: Multiple Data Controls, One Database, Two Forms...
>Date: 27 Mar 1995 15:05:49 GMT
>Problem:

>   I have one database.  On one form, I can browse through
>the database using the buttons on the Data Control.  But this
>form only shows part of the data.  If the user wants to view ALL
>the data they click on a button which brings up another form with
>enough labelsto show all the data.  This new form has a Data
>Control of it's own,as I can't seem to have the labels read from
>the Data control on the first form.
>   Anyway, the record pointer always resets to record one.
>  I want the pointer to remain at the same place in the recordset
>where it was on the first form.  Can I do this?

>Thanks.  Bob Doyle

>BTW, we are an Atlanta company who is looking for Visual Basic
>Wizards to aid us from time to time as a consultant.  Any
>interested should contact me at (404) 491-1131

Hi Bob
Try passing the bookmark property.

Chuck Stuart - Mesquite TX USA
VBTrace 2.00 is a runtime Procedure Trace/XReference/Debug/Profiler and
much more. Shareware $49.95.
Available from ftp.apexsc.com/pub/cgvb/uploads.

Sun, 14 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. linking two or more data controls on one form

2. Two data controls, one form

3. How to combine the data from two .dbf database file to one new .dbf database fil

4. One data Control multiple forms??

5. Merging Data from TWO databases into One recordset???

6. Linking two different tables on one form WITHOUT using Data Environment Deisgner

7. VB Database Tying two forms together so they act like they are using one datacontrol

8. Data Form Wizard - one little problem I need help with (okay, maybe two)

9. Data Entry to two seperate tables from one control simultaneously

10. Get data from two tables in one dbgrid control

11. Can i have two Winsock Controls in one VB Form

12. Manipulating Data in a Form with Two Tables from database