change cursor to hourglass?
Author Message
 change cursor to hourglass?

I've got a long process and I'd like to be able to change the cursor to
an hourglass while it goes on.  I understand how to change it when the
cursor is over a certain object, but not in general like this.  Is
there a cursor object?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:14:55 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?

Quote:
> I've got a long process and I'd like to be able to
> change the cursor to an hourglass while it goes on.
>  I understand how to change it when the cursor is
> over a certain object, but not in general like this.
> Is there a cursor object?

Jennifer

The mouse pointer is a property of the Screen object

Use

Screen.Mousepointer = vbHourglass

and to change back

Screen.Mousepointer=vbDefault

Christina

--
Christina West

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:31:34 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?
Thanks!

Jennifer

Quote:

> > I've got a long process and I'd like to be able to
> > change the cursor to an hourglass while it goes on.
> >  I understand how to change it when the cursor is
> > over a certain object, but not in general like this.
> > Is there a cursor object?

> Jennifer

> The mouse pointer is a property of the Screen object

> Use

> Screen.Mousepointer = vbHourglass

> and to change back

> Screen.Mousepointer=vbDefault

> Christina

> --
> Christina West

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:20:42 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?

Quote:
> The mouse pointer is a property of the Screen object

> Use
> Screen.Mousepointer = vbHourglass

On this subject, is it better to use Screen.MousePointer to show
an hourglass, or Form.MousePointer?  I would have thought Form
would be "better" because the aim is disable the pointer for the
current form, rather than the screen.  Any comments from the experts?

Regards, Otser.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:39:03 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?
In my experience the Screen object doesn't actually affect the whole Screen, just the current application
(i.e. all forms within your program)

Jason

Quote:

>> The mouse pointer is a property of the Screen object

>> Use
>> Screen.Mousepointer = vbHourglass

> On this subject, is it better to use Screen.MousePointer to show
> an hourglass, or Form.MousePointer?  I would have thought Form
> would be "better" because the aim is disable the pointer for the
> current form, rather than the screen.  Any comments from the experts?

> Regards, Otser.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:45:54 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?
correct (in VB5 anyway) - but I'm no expert as OTSER proved earlier
in the week.
Quote:

> In my experience the Screen object doesn't actually affect the whole Screen, just the current application
> (i.e. all forms within your program)

> Jason

> >> The mouse pointer is a property of the Screen object

> >> Use
> >> Screen.Mousepointer = vbHourglass

> > On this subject, is it better to use Screen.MousePointer to show
> > an hourglass, or Form.MousePointer?  I would have thought Form
> > would be "better" because the aim is disable the pointer for the
> > current form, rather than the screen.  Any comments from the experts?

> > Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?
That's correct in VB 6 too (the enterprise edition, anyway).  I tried
it out and outside of the form the cursor went back to default.

Jennifer

Quote:
> correct (in VB5 anyway) - but I'm no expert as OTSER proved earlier
> in the week.

> > In my experience the Screen object doesn't actually affect the

whole Screen, just the current application

Quote:
> > (i.e. all forms within your program)

> > Jason

> > > On this subject, is it better to use Screen.MousePointer to show
> > > an hourglass, or Form.MousePointer?  I would have thought Form
> > > would be "better" because the aim is disable the pointer for the
> > > current form, rather than the screen.  Any comments from the
experts?

> > > Regards, Otser.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 change cursor to hourglass?
Screen.Mousepointer (which actually only affects forms of the current
application) is appropriate when showing a modal dialog. For a non-modal
dialog, Form.MousePointer would be more appropriate.

--
RobSmith

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. how to change cursor to hourglass?

2. Changing cursor to Hourglass

3. Cursor doesn't change to Hourglass

4. Change the cursor icon to hourglass?

5. How can I change the cursor to an HOURGLASS

6. Hourglass cursor in standard outlook folder view (inbox) ?

7. Hourglass cursor in standard folder view (Inbox) ?

8. Hourglass cursor in standard folder view (inbox) ?

9. How to set Hourglass cursor?

10. Hourglass Cursor

11. Hourglass mouse cursor

12. How to force VB to make cursor=hourglass during startup