Obtaining Computer Name
Author Message
 Obtaining Computer Name

Is there a way to determine a computer's network identification name using a
VB function or property? I have a VB 4.0 application that I want to receive
a net message back from an NT server once a job is complete. Please email me

Tom

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining Computer Name

Quote:

>Is there a way to determine a computer's network identification name using a
>VB function or property? I have a VB 4.0 application that I want to receive
>a net message back from an NT server once a job is complete. Please email me

I believe you'll find code for that somewhere in the FAQs for our
ASocket control.

zane - www.mabry.com

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to obtain local network NetBIOS computer names?

2. How to obtain a computer name?

3. Obtaining the name of the remote computer connecting to Terminal Services

4. how can I obtain all names of computers from workgroup

5. Obtaining table names/field names from Access @ runtime

6. Get computer name and IP from remote computer

7. LDB Viewer -- Need to get NT user login name in addition to computer name

8. retreiving the computer login name and machine name

9. Computer Name, Exe Name, and Exe Path

10. NEWBIE - How to get computer name or user name

11. Getting the user's logon name and computer name

12. User name form computer name ??