DBGrids Whats happening
Author Message
 DBGrids Whats happening

I am having quite a bit of trouble trying to understand DbGrids. I have
one of them connected to a data control and it is in a form and is
displaying all of the fields in my data control. When I click on one of
the rows I want it to take the third columns contents and save it into a $
variable. I can get the row and the column OK by:

A = Datagrid.Row  ' A Gets the value of the Row being clicked on
Datagrid.Col = 2    'Sets the focus to the correct column

I have been through many help files and books but can't seem to get the
answer. I have looked at the problem so long that its getting worse I
wonder if you have any ideas.

Sat, 07 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DBGrids Whats happening

Quote:

>I am having quite a bit of trouble trying to understand DbGrids. I have
>one of them connected to a data control and it is in a form and is
>displaying all of the fields in my data control. When I click on one of
>the rows I want it to take the third columns contents and save it into a $
>variable. I can get the row and the column OK by:

The row is the active record (i.e. the record you clicked on). Then you use:

variable$ = DBGrid1.columns(2).text

to get the data in the third column of the selected record.

Sat, 07 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. whats happening here???

2. Passing literals to functions - Whats happening

3. Microsoft doesn't know whats happening??

4. Whats happening to VB

5. Microsoft doesn't know whats happening??

6. Microsoft doesn't know whats happening??

7. What happens AFTER updating a DBGrid?

8. DBGrid - Drag and drop data from one DBGrid to another DBGrid

9. DBGrid Delete Key function not working on some DBGrids while it works on others

10. Copying from bound DBGrid to unbound DBGrid

11. APEX True DBGrid vs. Sheridan DATA WIDGETS DBGrid

12. Help using DBGrid and set up DBGrid Display