OLE;VB 3.0, Excel 5.0;ICON vs CONTENT
Author Message
 OLE;VB 3.0, Excel 5.0;ICON vs CONTENT

When I run my application at home, my OLE form successfully retrieves
a graph from an Excel file using this code, which is invoked when the
user selects from an MDI drop down menu::

-------------------
Set Anyform = New OLERPTS
If Index = 1 Then
    Anyform.Caption = "Company A"
    Anyform.OLE1.Class = "EXCEL.CHART.5"
    Anyform.OLE1.SourceDoc = "c:\vb\billstuf\COMPANYA.xls"
    Anyform.OLE1.Action = 1
    Anyform.OLE1.AutoVerbMenu = False
End If

Anyform.Show

---------------------

but when I run it at work, same release of VB and Excel, but the file
is on a LAN (ie, not on the same PC as VB), I get an Icon instead of the
graph. DisplayType property for the OLE box is set to zero (content).
This suggests to me that I am not *really* giving VB an object to display,
although I think I am.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks!

Sat, 13 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: 16-bit VB4, OLE, Excel 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 5.0c, 7.0 and 8.0

2. VB 5.0 vs VB 3.0 Form Editor

3. (VFP 3.0 vs 5.0) vs Delphi and Visual Basic

4. VB 5.0 vs Delphi 3.0

5. Excel 5.0 macros in VB 3.0

6. dde from VB 3.0 to Excel 5.0

7. Excel OLE object contents cropped in VB

8. OLE Excel Question in VB 3.0

9. OLE Excel Question in VB 3.0

10. Accessing empty Excel cells via OLE automation from VB 3.0

11. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

12. Floating Point Speed - Comparison of VB 5.0, Delphi 3.0, and VC 5.0