Path/File access error (Error 75)
Author Message
 Path/File access error (Error 75)

Hi:
Cant figure why I cant move this file. Maybe ypu can help.
Thanks,
Bill

  Dim SourceFile As String
  Dim DestinationFile As String
  SourceFile = (App.Path + "\GroceryAds\StoreId_Ads.mdb")
  DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases")
  MsgBox SourceFile
  MsgBox DestinationFile

  FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Path/File access error (Error 75)
My guess is that if your app path is not the root of the drive its on then that
first backslash you're concatenating onto the app path is taking you back to
the root and starting the directory path from there.  If that's the case then
your code should read:

SourceFile = (App.Path +   "GroceryAds\StoreId_Ads.mdb")
DestinationFile = (App.Path +   "OldDatabases")

In other words if your app.path is C:\APPPATH then the source file would end up
as:
C:\Apppath\GroceryAds\Storeid_Ads.mdb

The way you had it the path would end up:
C:\GroceryAds\Storeid_Ads.mdb

Not sure if this is what you intended but it's worth a guess.

Art Martin

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Path/File access error (Error 75)
You need to add the file name in the destination path, hence:

DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases\StoreId_Ads.mdb")

or alternatively

DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases\new_file_name.mdb")

Quote:

> Hi:
> Cant figure why I cant move this file. Maybe ypu can help.
> Thanks,
> Bill

>   Dim SourceFile As String
>   Dim DestinationFile As String
>   SourceFile = (App.Path + "\GroceryAds\StoreId_Ads.mdb")
>   DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases")
>   MsgBox SourceFile
>   MsgBox DestinationFile

>   FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Path/File access error (Error 75)
Quote:

> You need to add the file name in the destination path, hence:

> DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases\StoreId_Ads.mdb")

> or alternatively

> DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases\new_file_name.mdb")

> > Hi:
> > Cant figure why I cant move this file. Maybe ypu can help.
> > Thanks,

THANKS A BUNCH!!
Bill
Quote:
> > Bill

> >   Dim SourceFile As String
> >   Dim DestinationFile As String
> >   SourceFile = (App.Path + "\GroceryAds\StoreId_Ads.mdb")
> >   DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases")
> >   MsgBox SourceFile
> >   MsgBox DestinationFile

> >   FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Path/File access error (Error 75)
Hickman,

Your code is copying the file "StoreId_Ads.mdb" from a folder named
"GroceryAds" under the folder your app is in to a  FILE named "OldDatabases"
in the folder your app is in.

Perhaps you really want to copy the file "StoreId_Ads.mdb" to the FOLDER
named  "OldDatabases" under the folder your app is in.  To do that:

    DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases\StoreId_Ads.mdb")

Hope this helps,

Kerry Moorman

Quote:

>Hi:
>Cant figure why I cant move this file. Maybe ypu can help.
>Thanks,
>Bill

>  Dim SourceFile As String
>  Dim DestinationFile As String
>  SourceFile = (App.Path + "\GroceryAds\StoreId_Ads.mdb")
>  DestinationFile = (App.Path + "\OldDatabases")
>  MsgBox SourceFile
>  MsgBox DestinationFile

>  FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Path/File access error (Error 75)

2. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

3. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

4. Error 75 (Path/File access error) ???

5. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

6. Error 75 Path/File access error

7. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

8. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

9. Error 75 path/file access error

10. RT 75: Path/File access error?

11. FileCopy returns path/file access error 75.

12. Path/File Access Error 75