Screen Saver Example Code?
Author Message
 Screen Saver Example Code?

I am looking for shell code to write a screen saver under VB5.  I know
that one needs to make system calls to set up the computer for a screen
saver, etc. and this is what I do not have. Any help, especially a sample
program, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen Saver Example Code?

No, you don't need to make system calls. The process is actually quite easy.
There's a good step-by-step in the Developer Network CD that comes with VB5.

Quote:

>I am looking for shell code to write a screen saver under VB5.  I know
>that one needs to make system calls to set up the computer for a screen
>saver, etc. and this is what I do not have. Any help, especially a sample
>program, would be appreciated.

>Thanks

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen Saver Example Code?

Example on my homepage (VB section)

----

(remove nospam_)
Home page http://www.spnc.demon.co.uk
(covers VB, REXX, 80x86 Asm, SQL and Oracle).
----

Quote:

>I am looking for shell code to write a screen saver under VB5.  I know
>that one needs to make system calls to set up the computer for a screen
>saver, etc. and this is what I do not have. Any help, especially a sample
>program, would be appreciated.

>Thanks

Fri, 06 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen Saver Example Code?

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998 21:37:11 +0200, "Christopher Yiangou"

Quote:

>No, you don't need to make system calls. The process is actually quite easy.
>There's a good step-by-step in the Developer Network CD that comes with VB5.

>>I am looking for shell code to write a screen saver under VB5.  I know
>>that one needs to make system calls to set up the computer for a screen
>>saver, etc. and this is what I do not have. Any help, especially a sample
>>program, would be appreciated.

>>Thanks

Actually, there are a few api calls that screensavers call frequently,
such as the hide mousepointer call, and the screensaver running call.
(I don't remember what calls they are right now, sorry :) ) You can
get around the first call by creating a blank cursor, but to prevent
system keystrokes from causing some un-screensaverlike behavior, the
second call is necessary.

        Jeremiah D. Seitz
        Omega Techware
        http://home.us.net/~omega

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

2. PowerBasic code for screen saver?

3. Closing NT4's screen saver - contains code

4. Screen Saver Code

5. vb screen saver code

6. Anything wrong with this code? - Starting screen saver

7. Screen Saver SOURCE CODES??

8. VBDOS- Help with screen saver code

9. Beginners Screen Saver sample code online and ready for downloading

10. Screen saver source code

11. Screen Saver Source Code Needed

12. Screen Saver Code available