PLEASE HELP! - stuck reading data from file
Author Message
 PLEASE HELP! - stuck reading data from file

A friend of mine has given me a data file to see if I can read the info
from. I am new with VB and cannot figure out how to read it... I have tired
using GET, OPEN, etc and I know I am doing something wrong... I need to
read the data from the file, and allow for changes.

Anyone who can help, please!!!!

Thanks in advance

Rob
begin 600 data.dat

M! ``+O___S____^L____* ```#P```!&````/ ```$8````:! ``( ,``(H"

`
end
end

Sun, 05 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 PLEASE HELP! - stuck reading data from file

Use OPEN to open the file. what you use to read it depends on the format of the
file. Is it a line-oriented text file? If so, use LINE INPUT#. If it is a
binary file use INPUT and read one character at a time.

HTH,
Greg DiGiorgio

Quote:

>A friend of mine has given me a data file to see if I can read the info
>from. I am new with VB and cannot figure out how to read it... I have tired
>using GET, OPEN, etc and I know I am doing something wrong... I need to
>read the data from the file, and allow for changes.

>Anyone who can help, please!!!!

>Thanks in advance

>Rob
>begin 600 data.dat

>M! ``+O___S____^L____* ```#P```!&````/ ```$8````:! ``( ,``(H"

>`
>end

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. Please, please help - VB6 opening and reading a project mpp file

3. Help needed with reading raw from USB stick

4. Help Please - No Read Data Permission

5. Please Help - Reading Serial Data

6. I am stuck with DAO need help please

7. I'm still stuck - DataEnvironment please help

8. I'm stuck please help

9. error 91 please help as i am stuck

10. Please help a stuck newbie....

11. I'm stuck, please help