Icon Libary
Author Message
 Icon Libary

Hi,
Now that I figured out how to get my program's icon to show up in the task bar
- my boss wants to get an icon library associated with the program, so the
user can change their icon, similiar to what happens when you right click on
an app's icon and select the properties/change icon.  He has a .icl file that
he gave me to use for this purpose.  But I can't figure out how to associate
the libary with my app.
As far as I can tell I can only choose a single icon...any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
mary lu

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Icon Libary
If you include those icons in a resource file when you compile your
application, you will find that they will all be available via the Change
Icon method you described - regardless of the default application icon.

Visit the VB Owner's Area and download the free Resource Editor to make
including resource files very easy.

--
John Tabor

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~jftabor
___________

Quote:

>- my boss wants to get an icon library associated with the program, so the
>user can change their icon, similiar to what happens when you right click
on
>an app's icon and select the properties/change icon.  He has a .icl file
that
>he gave me to use for this purpose.  But I can't figure out how to
associate
>the libary with my app.

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Icon Libary
Perhaps you could create an array. If you have, say 5 different icons you
want to use, place create an image control array of 5 elements. Set all the
Visible properties to False. When the user wants to change icons, you just
load the corresponding image from the array. You shouldn't need the .icl
file.
                               John Maher

Quote:

>Hi,
>Now that I figured out how to get my program's icon to show up in the task
bar
>- my boss wants to get an icon library associated with the program, so the
>user can change their icon, similiar to what happens when you right click
on
>an app's icon and select the properties/change icon.  He has a .icl file
that
>he gave me to use for this purpose.  But I can't figure out how to
associate
>the libary with my app.
>As far as I can tell I can only choose a single icon...any suggestions?

>Thanks for any help.
>mary lu

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Icon Libary
Can you take the icons and add them to a resource file and add it to your
proggy.

Quote:

>Perhaps you could create an array. If you have, say 5 different icons you
>want to use, place create an image control array of 5 elements. Set all the
>Visible properties to False. When the user wants to change icons, you just
>load the corresponding image from the array. You shouldn't need the .icl
>file.
>                               John Maher

>>Hi,
>>Now that I figured out how to get my program's icon to show up in the task
>bar
>>- my boss wants to get an icon library associated with the program, so the
>>user can change their icon, similiar to what happens when you right click
>on
>>an app's icon and select the properties/change icon.  He has a .icl file
>that
>>he gave me to use for this purpose.  But I can't figure out how to
>associate
>>the libary with my app.
>>As far as I can tell I can only choose a single icon...any suggestions?

>>Thanks for any help.
>>mary lu

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Libary Database, MDEs & Future Upgrades

2. Using DLookup in Libary Database

3. Free office 2003 - style libary

4. DirectX Type Libary for Visual Basic

5. ADO Libary or ADO Data control?

6. Cannot load SQL libary

7. HELP me using Microsoft SQLOLE Object libary

8. ADO 2.7 Libary Question?

9. ADO Libary or ADO Data control?

10. HELP me using microsoft SQLOLE object libary

11. Request Suggestions for a good imaging libary

12. Libary's