VB5 ActiveX Documents (HTM vs VBD)
Author Message
 VB5 ActiveX Documents (HTM vs VBD)

I have created a VB5 application composed of ActiveX Documents and I have
used the Setup Wizard to create the VBD files.  It automatically creates
the HTM file that references the VBD file.  However, when I put them on the
web (with the CAB file) and point Internet Explorer to the HTM file,
nothing happens.  On my machine, where the VBD files were created, I can
point my browser to the VBD file and it works fine.  Can some one tell me
why the VBD file will not come up when I open the HTM file?  I believe that
other users will have to go through the HTM file so that the CAB file can
be processed which will then enable them to see/use the VBD files.
--
Lance King
BTNA USSEC Atlanta

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 ActiveX Documents (HTM vs VBD)

check out  Knowledge Base Article Q167380 or goto
        http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q167/3/80.htm

        they just posted something about that.

--
Jon Clegg

Quote:
> I have created a VB5 application composed of ActiveX Documents and I have
> used the Setup Wizard to create the VBD files.  It automatically creates
> the HTM file that references the VBD file.  However, when I put them on
the
> web (with the CAB file) and point Internet Explorer to the HTM file,
> nothing happens.  On my machine, where the VBD files were created, I can
> point my browser to the VBD file and it works fine.  Can some one tell me
> why the VBD file will not come up when I open the HTM file?  I believe
that
> other users will have to go through the HTM file so that the CAB file can
> be processed which will then enable them to see/use the VBD files.
> --
> Lance King
> BTNA USSEC Atlanta

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 ActiveX Documents (HTM vs VBD)

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have actually seen that article and although
I was having (and kind of still having) that problem with the "unknown file
type .vbd", the problem I was reporting here was not giving me that
message.  I actually found a solution to my problem.  The Setup Wizard
creates code in the HTM file that says:

Sub Window_OnLoad
        Document.Open
        Document.Write "<FRAMESET>"
        Document.Write "<FRAME SRC=""Form1.VBD"">"
        Document.Write "</FRAMESET>"
        Document.Close
End Sub

I replaced that with:

Sub Window_OnLoad
        Window.Navigate "Form1.VBD"
End Sub

Thanx again for the response though.  Actually, at this point the first VBD
file comes up with no problem, but then the second one gives me the Unknown
File Type .VBD message.  Does anyone know why one would work and the other
wouldn't?

--
Lance King
BTNA USSEC Atlanta

Quote:
> check out  Knowledge Base Article Q167380 or goto
>    http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q167/3/80.htm

>    they just posted something about that.

> --
> Jon Clegg

> > I have created a VB5 application composed of ActiveX Documents and I
have
> > used the Setup Wizard to create the VBD files.  It automatically
creates
> > the HTM file that references the VBD file.  However, when I put them on
> the
> > web (with the CAB file) and point Internet Explorer to the HTM file,
> > nothing happens.  On my machine, where the VBD files were created, I
can
> > point my browser to the VBD file and it works fine.  Can some one tell
me
> > why the VBD file will not come up when I open the HTM file?  I believe
> that
> > other users will have to go through the HTM file so that the CAB file
can
> > be processed which will then enable them to see/use the VBD files.
> > --
> > Lance King
> > BTNA USSEC Atlanta

Tue, 16 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

2. Activex document .vbd missing association

3. Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

4. Problem with viewing ActiveX documents (.VBD) on a client Windows station

5. Can't download my first .VBD/.CAB ActiveX Document

6. Missing ActiveX Document (*.vbd) when packaging and deploying

7. Can't run VBD files (ActiveX document) in IE

8. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure

9. How to set the ActiveX EXE Document (vbd) property in HTML (ASP) page

10. Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

11. Can't download my first .VBD/.CAB ActiveX Document

12. ActiveX document(VBD) download success and failure