Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8
Author Message
 Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't know
how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please give
me the sample of the coding from VB6?
Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 23:34:33 GMT
 Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8
Where can I get them on the Internet and is there an e-tutorial for them ?
I know what they are and what they do but I don't have them and don't
know where to get them.

Quote:
> I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't
know
> how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please
give
> me the sample of the coding from VB6?
> Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:53:05 GMT
 Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Quote:
> I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't
know
> how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please
give
> me the sample of the coding from VB6?
> Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Setup new selection criteria

   NewSelection = "{GNFNREP09F.DWNMTH}='" + RepMonth + " '" + " and
{GNFNREP09F.DWNFYR} = " + RepYear

Set bew criteria in Crystal

   ManGNFNREP09F.ReplaceSelectionFormula (NewSelection)

Set new report title

   ManGNFNREP09F.WindowTitle = "Debtors Aged Analysis report for " +
RepMonth + RepYear

Print the report

   ManGNFNREP09F.PrintReport

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:42:31 GMT
 Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

Geez, my last version was 4.5. Have i missed 3.5 versions ? : )
Anyway, if it's anything like it was back then, you use the Action
method to print. From memory, 0 was to window, 1 was to printer, 2 was
to file.  So you'd go..
CR8.reportfilename =  reportFilePath
CR8.Action = 1 ' to printer

Quote:
>I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't know
>how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please give
>me the sample of the coding from VB6?
>Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Regards, Frank.

Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:54:17 GMT
 Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8
IIRC

<ReportObject>.View

You can view it in Crystal Report designer, HTML viewer or Java
viewer. Or you can export to a file (say word) and then open a Word
object.

Quote:
>I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't know
>how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please give
>me the sample of the coding from VB6?
>Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:39:34 GMT
 Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8
Does anyone know how I can obtain CR6 (not interested in CR8 at this time)?
 I had a copy of it but lost it when my hard drive crashed.  Didn't have a
backup.

Thanks
Dave

Quote:
> I am new in CR8, but I created a simple report succesfully. But I don't
know
> how to call/view it (.prt) from VB6 using the coding. Could you please
give
> me the sample of the coding from VB6?
> Appreciate your kind assistance...cheers

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:04:20 GMT

1. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

2. Utilisation de crystal report/Use of Crystal Report

3. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

4. Crystal Reports 6 to Crystal Reports 8

5. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

6. missing library p2qqbe.dll crystal reports 3 to crystal reports 5

7. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

8. VB6 & Crystal Reports 8: the Crystal Reports OCX vs. the Report Designer Component

9. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

10. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

11. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

12. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer