Put & Get from Quick Basic in VB 5?
Author Message
 Put & Get from Quick Basic in VB 5?

Are there commands like "put" and "get" (Quick Basic) in VB 5, too?

Please answer per eMail!
--- Signature ---
Please answer by eMail  AND posting when possible!

--- Law Information ---
Because of the paragraph 28 outlet 3 of the German data-protection law I contradict the use of my data for marketing or market research.

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put & Get from Quick Basic in VB 5?

Quote:
> Are there commands like "put" and "get" (Quick Basic) in VB 5, too?

If you told us what "put" and "get" do in QB then we might be
able to help you with a VB equivalent.  :)

Regards, Otser.

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put & Get from Quick Basic in VB 5?
It has been a very long time since QBasic, but
Get and Put are used mostly for graphics manipulation........

Look up the VB "Move" method.

There is more faith in honest doubt than in all creeds combined.

http://www.angelfire.com/az/desertavatar
VBStrings, a VB string function tutor on website!
Interlinear Latin, History, Great Pyramid, Spansh Castle.

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put & Get from Quick Basic in VB 5?
From the QB docs:

GET reads from a file into a random-access buffer or variable.
PUT writes a variable or random-access buffer to a file.

GET [#]filenumber%[,[recordnumber&][,variable]]
PUT [#]filenumber%[,[recordnumber&][,variable]]

  Look familiar?  :)

Quote:
>It has been a very long time since QBasic, but
>Get and Put are used mostly for graphics manipulation........

>Look up the VB "Move" method.

>There is more faith in honest doubt than in all creeds combined.

>http://www.angelfire.com/az/desertavatar
>VBStrings, a VB string function tutor on website!
>Interlinear Latin, History, Great Pyramid, Spansh Castle.

Paul Hewson  paulh(a)vif.*Delete*This*.com
  e-mail altered to foil auto-spammers

Blessed are the censors; they shall inhibit the earth.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Put & Get from Quick Basic in VB 5?
There no direct command or method as replacement, but it should be not too
difficult to build a routine to replicate the Get function (using an array
for the x,y values and the Point method to get the RGB values) and the Put
function (read out the array, and use PSet to copy the values to the
screen).

However, considering the use of a hidden PictureBox and the PaintPicture
method, or using an ImageList looks a better, more flexible solution to me.

John Tegelaar

Quote:
>None of the previous replyers know anything advanced about qb. I have

included the actual helpscreen for put and get (graphics)
Quote:
>  PUT - a graphics statement that places a graphic image obtained
>                  by a GET statement onto the screen
<SNIP>
>GET - a graphics statement that stores graphic images from the screen
<SNIP>

>Anyway, to answer you question, I don't think vb5 has anything like that
built in.

>    Are there commands like "put" and "get" (Quick Basic) in VB 5, too?
>    Please answer per eMail!
>    --- Signature ---

<SNIP>

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. QUICK BASIC & VISUAL BASIC 4.0 /5.0

2. Declaring an array of pointers in Visual Basic (and putting and getting data from it)

3. Declaring an array of pointers in Visual Basic (and putting and getting data from it)

4. Quick Basic PDS 7.1 TOOLS & More

5. Fonts&Quick-Basic

6. Where can I get Quick Quick-basic

7. Quick question - regarding office & vb

8. Quick question - regarding office & vb

9. Quick question - regarding office & vb

10. Old Quick Basic To VB Question

11. :::: DID VB REPLACE THE OLD QUICK BASIC 4.5? ::::

12. Quick Basic 4.5 QLB files in VB 4.0?