Determining user's screen resolution at runtime
Author Message
 Determining user's screen resolution at runtime

I want to be able to determine if the user of my program is setup for 800 x 600
or for 1024 x 768.  How do I do this?  I would have thought the Screen object
would provide that information but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.  I'm using VB 6.0 if it matters.

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:19:13 GMT
 Determining user's screen resolution at runtime
Hi,

Screen object it is:
    Width_Pixels = Screen.Width \ Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
    Height_Pixels = Screen.Height \ Screen.TwipsPerPixelY

Regards,

Stoil

Quote:
> I want to be able to determine if the user of my program is setup for 800
x 600
> or for 1024 x 768.  How do I do this?  I would have thought the Screen
object
> would provide that information but I can't find it.

> Thanks in advance.  I'm using VB 6.0 if it matters.

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:54:17 GMT
 Determining user's screen resolution at runtime

Quote:
> I want to be able to determine if the user of my program is setup for 800
x 600
> or for 1024 x 768.  How do I do this?  I would have thought the Screen
object
> would provide that information but I can't find it.

> Thanks in advance.  I'm using VB 6.0 if it matters.

resol = Screen.Width \ Screen.TwipsPerPixelX

If (resol < 800) Then
   Warning "This application must be run in 800x600 (small fonts)
resolution!"
End If

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:54:51 GMT

1. How do I determine a users screen resolution

2. Adjust forms to users' screen resolution

3. determining screen resolution

4. Determining screen resolution

5. Determining screen resolution

6. Determining Screen Resolution

7. How do I determine the current screen resolution?

8. How to determine screen resolution???

9. Help with determining screen resolution

10. API call to determine the current screen resolution

11. Help with determining screen resolution

12. Changing screen resolutions at runtime