Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition 
Author Message
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition

I've seen VB6 Academic Edition for in the neighborhood of $75.
Don't think you'll get anything else for much less. BTW, VB6 AE is
/exactly/ the same package and software as VB6 Pro.

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."


Quote:
> I am in school, currently learning VB 5.0.

> We have a control creation edition for study at home.  I'm
trying to
> learn database programming with VB, and the CCE doesn't dupport
the Data
> Control.

> Where can I get VB Professional, ver. 5.0, at a reasonable
price?

> All I seem to find is ver. 6.0, and it is out of my price range.
Can
> anyone help me?

> Thanks, in advance.
> --
> Gnarly

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Before you buy.



Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition
gnarly,

I've seen posts that advertise Prof versions at local computer shows for as
little as $50 (Yes, Prof for $50.)  Check ads in back of computer magazines
at your local bookstore.  I haven't any more specific infor for you to go
on.

--A



Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition
I am in school, currently learning VB 5.0.

We have a control creation edition for study at home.  I'm trying to
learn database programming with VB, and the CCE doesn't dupport the Data
Control.

Where can I get VB Professional, ver. 5.0, at a reasonable price?

All I seem to find is ver. 6.0, and it is out of my price range.  Can
anyone help me?

Thanks, in advance.
--
Gnarly

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition
Try ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebay/results.html?query=visual+b...

There's one in an auction ending in 5 days:

Starts at     $9.99
First bid     $9.99
Quantity          1
# of bids         0 (bid history) (with emails)
Time left         5 days, 17 hours +
Location         72 degrees and Sunny in Imperial Beach, CA
Started    10/02/99, 15:12:06 PDT
Ends       10/09/99, 15:12:06 PDT
Seller     thenativeway (209)
Payment    Money Order/Cashiers Checks, Personal Checks
Shipping   Seller ships internationally, See item description for
shipping charges

Quote:


>  >  I've seen posts that advertise Prof versions at local computer
> shows for as
>  >  little as $50 (Yes, Prof for $50.)  Check ads in back of computer
> magazines
>  > at your local bookstore.  I haven't any more specific infor for you
> to go
>  > on.

> I believe I saw VB _6_ Pro for about $50 at a computer show in Dallas
> recently. It appeared to be authentic and I know the seller... they
> wouldn't _knowingly_ deal in counterfeits. So, if you haunt the shows
> in your area, you might find VB _5_ for even less, because it isn't the
> current version.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.



Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition

 >  I've seen posts that advertise Prof versions at local computer
shows for as
 >  little as $50 (Yes, Prof for $50.)  Check ads in back of computer
magazines
 > at your local bookstore.  I haven't any more specific infor for you
to go
 > on.

I believe I saw VB _6_ Pro for about $50 at a computer show in Dallas
recently. It appeared to be authentic and I know the seller... they
wouldn't _knowingly_ deal in counterfeits. So, if you haunt the shows
in your area, you might find VB _5_ for even less, because it isn't the
current version.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.



Fri, 22 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition

Quote:

>I've seen VB6 Academic Edition for in the neighborhood of $75.
>Don't think you'll get anything else for much less. BTW, VB6 AE is
>/exactly/ the same package and software as VB6 Pro.

Really?

I bought VB6 AE and am kicking myself because I can't open network
connections.  The Winsock control isn't present, which means I'm prevented
from doing anything which I would consider to be cool.

My understanding is that this control only comes with Pro and Ent, which
means I'm going to have to fork over more money to our friends in Seattle,
Washington.
--

| Digital Routes, Inverness, Scotland, www.digitalroutes.co.uk



Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 Seeking VB 5.0 Professional Edition
There are routines to install fonts from your VB installation
app to the user's PC, but it seems they are not very reliable.
It might be best to use a professional installation program (I
use The Setup Factory by IndigoRose) to install your program
along with its fonts. Watch you aren't installing copyrighted
fonts, though!

--

--------------------------------
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."



Quote:
> >I've seen VB6 Academic Edition for in the neighborhood of
$75.
> >Don't think you'll get anything else for much less. BTW, VB6
AE is
> >/exactly/ the same package and software as VB6 Pro.

> Really?

> I bought VB6 AE and am kicking myself because I can't open
network
> connections.  The Winsock control isn't present, which means
I'm prevented
> from doing anything which I would consider to be cool.

> My understanding is that this control only comes with Pro and
Ent, which
> means I'm going to have to fork over more money to our friends
in Seattle,
> Washington.
> --
> | Neil D. Fraser, Programmer & Wizard,


- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> | Digital Routes, Inverness, Scotland, www.digitalroutes.co.uk



Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

2. VB 5.0 Professional edition does it support ?

3. Installing VB 5.0 Professional Edition

4. Writing Word VBA in VB 5.0 Professional Edition

5. VB Enterprise Edition vs. Professional Edition

6. Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition and ADO 2.0

7. need visual C++ 5.0 Professional Edition

8. Display network neighborhood in Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition

9. Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition and ADO 2.0

10. Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition

11. Wanted Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition

12. Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software