Data lost to port errors.
Author Message
 Data lost to port errors.

I'm writing a piece of code to transfer a file from a remote to local
machines and I'm getting;

Data str: Data lost to port

as an error.

In my test example I'm doing a transfer of autoexec.bat from the remote
machine and displaying it on my local machine after download.  The file
displays okay but runs past EOF and shows some more characters on the
local machine.

How do I trap this error or do I need to put some sort of sync code in?

Could you please e-mail me as it takes 24 hours to sign on to this
newsgroup and I've just discovered it just a few minutes ago so I might
not get to read replies posted to the newsgroup.

Richard Brooks.

         Latest lucky Bulk Emailer addresses chosen by my computer!

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Inet control report no error even when data is lost

2. MAPI with VB4 16 bit messages and data losing data

3. Printer Port as Output Data Port

4. Lost in changing printer port

5. Lost Control of Parallell Port

6. new error...Error accessing file, network connection may have been lost

7. MSCOMM - Port data, Mscomm no data

8. QB4.5, COM ports, ERROR 57 Device I/O error

9. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

10. Losing Data when using transferspreadsheet

11. Linked Excel worksheet losing data. Access table OK

12. Losing Calculated Form Field Data after File Save