How to copy a form
Author Message
 How to copy a form

Is there a way to copy a form within the same project.  I have tried to do a
"Save As" and this doesn't seem to work.  I have a project where some
screens are similar and take alot of time duplicating fields and making a
few changes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Howard Roberts

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy a form
I believe you can make that form as a template.

Quote:

>Is there a way to copy a form within the same project.  I have tried to do
>"Save As" and this doesn't seem to work.  I have a project where some
>screens are similar and take alot of time duplicating fields and making a
>few changes.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanks

>Howard Roberts

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy a form

Quote:

> Is there a way to copy a form within the same project.  I have tried to do a
> "Save As" and this doesn't seem to work.  I have a project where some
> screens are similar and take alot of time duplicating fields and making a
> few changes.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks

> Howard Roberts

Sure.  Copy the form using the good 'ol DOS prompt, or using Explorer,
etc to the same directory as your project, but using a new .FRM name.
Then, under the File menu, choose "Add", and add the copied .FRM file
to your project.

-Tom P

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy a form
Do a save as...Then change the Form Name property.

Then, go to Project | Add File and add the original file back into the
project.

Quote:
>Is there a way to copy a form within the same project.  I have tried to do a
>"Save As" and this doesn't seem to work.  I have a project where some
>screens are similar and take alot of time duplicating fields and making a
>few changes.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanks

>Howard Roberts

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy a form
I think 'Save As' should create a duplicate. You'll probably then have to
re-add your original form. Alternatively create your duplicate in Explorer
and add it to the project.

Can you not use the same form if they are that similar? Put hidden
panels/frames on for the specific controls?

Lee

Quote:

>Is there a way to copy a form within the same project.  I have tried to do
>"Save As" and this doesn't seem to work.  I have a project where some
>screens are similar and take alot of time duplicating fields and making a
>few changes.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanks

>Howard Roberts

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to copy a form
NO.......All that takes to much work..........do it the easy
way..........First, open a new form, then go to the form you want to copy,
click the title bar, just to be sure it is the active one, then go to Edit.
Click "select all"  Then click "Copy"   Now go back to the new form you just
copied and go to Edit again, and click "paste".   After that, just click the
form somewhere where you have no controls, and Alikazam!  You have a copy of
the previous form.

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to copy a form to a picturebox

2. How do I copy a form from one project to another?

3. Windows Copying/Moving form. Is it available?

4. Help please: How to copy a form from one project to another?

5. Copying Controls from Form to Forms

6. copy form data from existing to new form

7. Copy a contro from one form to another Form

8. Trying to Copy Query Value to Field in Form

9. File Copying with a form field reference

10. copy to clipboard(form)

11. copying records in form

12. Copying forms and reports between databases.