Tricky "FindWindow" question
Author Message
 Tricky "FindWindow" question

Get the class name of the app window and specify that in your search. Spy++
can find this for you if you have it on your system, or you can find by
closing the folder window and finding the app window using the FindWindow
API. When you have found the app, call the GetClassName API to get the class
and use the returned value in your code.

--
Hope this helps,
Jason Bouzane

Quote:
> I know how to use the FindWindow API to find a window, but
> how can I tell the difference between an open folder that
> has the same window title as an open app?  I need my app
> to reference the app rather than the folder, but this is
> hard if they both have the same name.  Using VB5 Pro.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Tricky "FindWindow" question
Get the class name of the app window and specify that in your search. Spy++
can find this for you if you have it on your system, or you can find by
closing the folder window and finding the app window using the FindWindow
API. When you have found the app,
 call the GetClassName API to get the class
and use the returned value in your code.

--
Hope this helps,
Jason Bouzane

Quote:
> I know how to use the FindWindow API to find a window, but
> how can I tell the difference between an open folder that
> has the same window title as an open app?  I need my app
> to reference the app rather than the folder, but this is
> hard if they both have the same name.  Using VB5 Pro.

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tricky "FindWindow" question

2. help - tricky use of "replace"

3. "Findwindow"

4. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

5. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

6. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

7. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

8. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

9. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#

10. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

12. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"