VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6.
Author Message
 VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6.

I've been programming in VB for awhile now, but I'm new to Crystal Reports.
 I'm using VB5 with Crystal Reports 4.6, which came with VB5.

I want a report which will give me the count of distinct values for a field
from a stored procedure (among other things).  For example, suppose I've
got a Status field in a SQL Server table, with possible values of "OPEN",
"CLOSE" and "INACTIVE".  Now suppose I will get 5 records back from my
stored procedure, 3 of which have a status of "OPEN" and two of which have
a status of "INACTIVE".  How do I make it so that Crystal Reports will give
me something like:

        OPEN:           3
        INACTIVE:       2

And not list the CLOSE status, because its not in the resultset?

Rod
--

Rod Falanga
505-842-1730

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6.

You need to insert a summary group section and do breaks on the Status field.
In the summary group footer you would use a formula to print the total.  You
can have summary groups within summary groups if need be.

You can also use the SQL Group By clause to count (Status) GROUP BY Status.
Then just field the table to CR.

HTH

Quote:

>I want a report which will give me the count of distinct values for a field
>from a stored procedure (among other things).  For example, suppose I've
>got a Status field in a SQL Server table, with possible values of "OPEN",
>"CLOSE" and "INACTIVE".  Now suppose I will get 5 records back from my
>stored procedure, 3 of which have a status of "OPEN" and two of which have
>a status of "INACTIVE".  How do I make it so that Crystal Reports will give
>me something like:

Thu, 07 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6.

2. Crystal Reports 4.6 / VB5 Tables in Report

3. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

4. VB5 & Crystal reports 4.6

5. Crystal Reports 4.6 and VB5

6. VB5 Crystal Report 4.6 Problem.

7. VB5 - Crystal Reports 4.6

8. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

9. Crystal Report 4.6 and Sub report

10. VB5 and crystal 4.6 Action 1 equal 0.

11. VB5 and crystal 4.6 Action 1 equal 0.

12. Runtime requirements for crystal 4.6 & VB5