Winsock control gets too much data
Author Message
 Winsock control gets too much data

I am writing writing a client server app using the winsock control. The
problem is when the server does several SendData's consecutively.
Allthough i send the data with more than one SendData, the client gets
the different data all in one DataArrival event and it all comes in as
one string. Any help?

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock control gets too much data

It's a timing issue within the control. You can duplicate the
behavior using the sample code provided in Books Online
to build a chat application.

If you are a touch typist, then you will notice the problem.
Simply type several messages very fast.

In the only application where I've used the WinSock control,
this has not been an issue. I usually go with the Crecsent
TCP/IP controls (for client apps), or use the WinSock API
(when writing NT services).

Michael D. Long
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/heights/9478/

Quote:
> I am writing writing a client server app using the winsock control. The
> problem is when the server does several SendData's consecutively.
> Allthough i send the data with more than one SendData, the client gets
> the different data all in one DataArrival event and it all comes in as
> one string. Any help?

Thu, 28 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock Get Data getting lost in IE??

2. Getting Meta Data only from ADO Data Control at Design time

3. Winsock Control sending data to Last control in array

4. Help getting external IP with winsock control

5. Still getting error 126 in winsock control

6. Help,,,Getting Dir list with VB5 winsock control

7. Winsock control getting flooded.

8. Help - Simply Getting Data from Extrenal Data Files (not from Access Data Base)

9. Receiving binary data with winsock control, help please!!!

10. Winsock Control sending binary data

11. Winsock control lost data

12. sending data via winsock control