Saving Waveform audio using the WavIn API commands ?
Author Message
 Saving Waveform audio using the WavIn API commands ?

I have worked out how to record waveform audio in using the WaveIn api
commands and stored in buffers but I do not know how to save this audio to a
file.
I can do this using the MCI audio commands but i need the control offered by
the Waveform api commands.

If anyone can supply me with info. or sample code then i would appreciate
it..

--
---
Regards, Richard

South Wales, UK
ICQ 1556459

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving Waveform audio using the WavIn API commands ?
Briefly the calls you need.

mmioOpen
' create RIFF chunk
mmioCreateChunk
' create the fmt chunk
mmioCreateChunk
' write fmt chunk
mmioWrite
' ascend back to RIFF chunk
mmioAscend
' create data chunk
mmioCreateChunk
' save the wave data buffers & repeat as the buffers are filled
mmioWrite
' ascend to RIFF chunk
mmioAscend
' Ascend out of RIFF chunk
mmioAscend
' close the file
mmioClose

Hope this gives you a start.

Rick
--------------
Netpoint Computers - COM Components.
TAPI Voice Modem Controls
Modem Phone & Modem Wave OCX's
http://www.netpoint.co.uk

Quote:

>I have worked out how to record waveform audio in using the WaveIn api
>commands and stored in buffers but I do not know how to save this audio to
>file.
>I can do this using the MCI audio commands but i need the control offered
by
>the Waveform api commands.

>If anyone can supply me with info. or sample code then i would appreciate
>it..

>--
>---
>Regards, Richard

>South Wales, UK
>ICQ 1556459

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving Waveform audio using the WavIn API commands ?

2. Waveform Audio API - Can't Record

3. Audio Waveform API Call?

4. Guru Challenge (Waveform Audio Files)

5. Win APIs to play mpg video files, mp3 audio files and audio cds

6. Recording wave audio to a file using RIFF/ WaveIn APIs

7. ?waveInProc help (waveform API)?

8. Activating Menu Commands Using API?

9. Sending Restore Command to DOS Window using VB4 and SendMessage API

10. Problem using API-command with VB 3.0 Prof.

11. Saving a CLIPBOARD image to a file using API's

12. CDROM AUDIO COMMANDS READ THIS !!!