Non MDI child forms cause MDI application to lose focus
Author Message
 Non MDI child forms cause MDI application to lose focus

Quote:
> I have an MDI application which uses multiple instances of one child form
and
> many non child forms which provide supporting functions for the active
child
> form.

> The problem I have is that sometimes when I unload a NON CHILD form the
> application is thrown out of focus, or the application loses and then
regains
> focus, the behaviour is not always the same.

<cut>

> --
> ==============
> Robert Chapman

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~robc

This has been the biggest aggravation I've had with VB 5.  I've resorted to
using
Me.Show after the child goes away to bring the app back to the front.  It
looks
lousy as something else flashes on the screen but at least it doesn't look
like the
whole app terminated.
--
Please reply through the newsgroup.  The reply e-mail
address is garbage to reduce the spam rate.

Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

2. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

3. MDI child forms and control lost-focus events

4. non mdi window communicating with mdi child

5. Child form in non MDI form

6. Non-MDI form to MDI form

7. Q:non-MDI form to update MDI form

8. MDI Form vs Non-MDI form

9. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

10. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

11. Setting OCX Property on MDI Child form causes new form to open

12. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form