MDI Form Min/Max Button
Author Message
 MDI Form Min/Max Button

  Hey all...  I've been working on a multi-form, multi-control,
multi-everything project.  However the controls on the MDI Child forms are
fixed sizes and are always set to "MAX" property. Therefore, only one child
form is viewable at a time, which is the way the program really kinda needs
it..

  Ok, well anyways the problem I'm having then, is whenever someone hits the
MAX/MIN button, the form will resize to the smaller window, however the
controls on the Child forms are now off the form window, and the only way to
view the controls is to grab the side of the window and re-size the sides to
see them.

  I know this sounds crazy, but I would REALLY like to have the MDI Parent
window either Maximized or minimized on the taskbar.  I am running VB5.0
Professional on a Win 95b machine.  ANY suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI Form Min/Max Button

Quote:

>  Hey all...  I've been working on a multi-form, multi-control,
>multi-everything project.  However the controls on the MDI Child forms are
>fixed sizes and are always set to "MAX" property. Therefore, only one child
>form is viewable at a time, which is the way the program really kinda needs
>it..

>  Ok, well anyways the problem I'm having then, is whenever someone hits
the
>MAX/MIN button, the form will resize to the smaller window, however the
>controls on the Child forms are now off the form window, and the only way
>view the controls is to grab the side of the window and re-size the sides
>see them.

>  I know this sounds crazy, but I would REALLY like to have the MDI Parent
>window either Maximized or minimized on the taskbar.  I am running VB5.0
>Professional on a Win 95b machine.  ANY suggestions would be appreciated.
>Thanks.

Well,

First of all, keep in mind that your user may not have the same resolution
as your system, so 'Full screen' is not a fixed size! For instance, I was
working on a 800x600 screensize, but I now use a 1152x864 resolution, with a
lot more space obviously. This poses a problem to your approch. I think you
need to make your MDI parent fixed size (like 800x600) or make your app a
bit more flexible.
I would go for the latter option.
You can solve the problem of to many controls on your childform by creating
a 'ViewPort' on your child. This way, the user is presented scrollbars when
needed, and it is up to the user to size the forms to a size he/she likes.
This would enable your program to run any resolution without limiting
yourself to say 800x600 screens.

Andr

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MDI child form, Min and Max buttons

2. Disabling Min and Max buttons on MDI Form

3. Disabling Min, Max, and Close buttons on MDI form

4. Parent MDI form without Min and Max Buttons?

5. MDI form without title bar, control box, max/min buttons

6. How to hide the min/max buttons in a MDI form

7. Disabling Max/Min Buttons on MDI

8. Capturing If user pressed max, min or normalize button on form

9. Icon on a Form without max/min buttons

10. min button on MDI form

11. Max Button in MDI FORM

12. MDI FORM - HOW TO DISABLE THE MAX BUTTON