"Visual Basic for DOS"
Author Message
 "Visual Basic for DOS"

Hi,

I've been involved in developing software using Visual Basic.
The client now needs the software to run in a straight DOS
environment.  Is there an equivalent Basic environment for
DOS - specifically where a 'windows-like' look and feel can
be maintained?  any ideas/advice on how most easily to port
the App back to DOS would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ela.

Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 "Visual Basic for DOS"
: Hi,

: I've been involved in developing software using Visual Basic.
: The client now needs the software to run in a straight DOS
: environment.  Is there an equivalent Basic environment for
: DOS - specifically where a 'windows-like' look and feel can
: be maintained?  any ideas/advice on how most easily to port
: the App back to DOS would be appreciated.

: Thanks in advance,
: Ela.

Try VB for DOS (v1.0). Depending on your app you may be able to port a lot
of your code from VB/Win to VB/DOS without much modification.  But things
such a VBXs, API calls, etc simply won't work with DOS so you may have to
come up with some workarounds.

HTH, Kathleen

Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

2. "Is Visual BASIC basic?"

3. Cannot open the "Visual Basic-Editor"

4. AppleScript problems with "do Visual Basic"

5. Visual Basic and "mods"

6. "Visual Basic Programmers Needed"Ontario

7. Seeking Visual Basic 5 "mentors"!

8. "Visual" Basic

9. "MonthView" object in Visual basic

10. "SHOULD I DUMP VISUAL BASIC?"

11. VBSurfer "X-Rays" Visual Basic Applications

12. Seeking Visual Basic 5 "mentors"!