How Can I do Help Files?
Author Message
 How Can I do Help Files?

Isn't there any easy to use Help Files Creator in this damned World
If you have a key for my problem help me...

--
PS : envoyez vos rponses a ma boite aux lettres, pas dans les news...

GSM : 06 80 50 15 87
http://www.*-*-*.com/
icq : 9017755

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Can I do Help Files?
Hi

There's a help workshop that comes with the original VB5 CB. It's not
obvious where they are, but they are on some early CDs. I have the files
if you want them. Plus you can download the HTML version from the MS VB
site.

Tom

Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Can I do Help Files?
I suppose you want to create help files for your application
without using MS-Word and RTF (hidden-text and other strange tags).

Maybe "Help Magican Pro" can help you ( http://www.zoschke.com )

Georg Fischel

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Can I do Help Files?
I gave up on the help system that comes with VB3 long ago. Bought a shareware program
called VB Aha. Specifically tailored to VB and very easy to use. I recomend it to
all.

Quote:

>Isn't there any easy to use Help Files Creator in this damned World
>If you have a key for my problem help me...
>--
>PS : envoyez vos rponses a ma boite aux lettres, pas dans les news...

>GSM : 06 80 50 15 87
>http://home.worldnet.fr/amanguer
>icq : 9017755
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

***********************
Why am I riding in this Hand Basket and just where are we going?

Email: use glennmiy AT inreach DOT com

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How Can I do Help Files?

Quote:
>I gave up on the help system that comes with VB3 long ago. Bought a shareware program
>called VB Aha. Specifically tailored to VB and very easy to use. I recomend it to
>all.

Just my 2 cents worth:

I have used WordPerfect 6.0 and the MS Help Compiler to create VB3 help files.  It was a lot of work; in fact, more work than writing the program itself.  The main problem with the tedium of making all the cross-refs so the user could really get use out of the hypertext features.  Eventually, I created macros and added buttons to the WordPerfect toolbar to activate these macros; now the mechanics of creating help files is a snap.  The remaining problem is the tedium of all the logical cross-refs, but that comes with the terretory.

I might also mention, the program that I wrote the most extensive help file for has a lot of features which need special documentation, so the help system was quit significant.

At any rate, I have had success with the RTF/Help Compiler approach for VB3 help systems.

Hope this is an encouragement to others,

"For God So Loved The World, That He Gave His
 Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believeth
 In Him Should Not Perish, But Have Everlasting
 Life"John3:16  * http://pw2.netcom.com/~cbrtjr/wrdthing.html *

Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. How do I create a canned form?

3. Canned AcctReceivable Module needed!

4. Canned pages....

5. Crystal Reports Canned Code

6. Canned objects and/or images

7. Switching from inhouse software to canned package.

8. line graph in vb (canned routine)

9. 'Canned' data in VB program

10. Looking 4 Canned Control

12. Refresh/Requery don't seem to work while doing file I/O